- Untitled. // Crochet!;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p79
Two charts are presented that illustrates the categories of yarn, gauge ranges and recommended hook sizes for crocheting, as well as the skill levels of crocheters.
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet!;Autumn2015, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p97
Charts and diagrams are presented about crochet stitches including stitch abbreviations, yarn conversion, and types of stitches such as chain, slip, and double crochet color change.
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet World;Jun2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p64
Tables and diagrams are presented that show crocheting guides, including stitch abbreviations, yarn conversion and different crocheting techniques.
- Annie's Answers. // Annie's Favorite Crochet;Aug2006, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p19
Presents tips in crocheting. Use of rug yarn instead of sport yarn when crocheting slippers; Importance of using a single crochet when making an afghan or sweater; Stiffening solution for fabrics.
- CROCHET CHAT. Eure, Rheta; Perry, Melissa // Crochet World;Aug2007, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p19
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues, including an editorial about using 4-ply yarn in crocheting in the February 2007 issue and another article on combining crocheting with other mediums in the June 2007 issue.
- Introduction. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p4
The article provides an introduction to the craft of knitting. Knitting is essentially looping and interlocking a length of yarn using two sticks to produce a fabric. In previous times, families reportedly often created their own original stitch patterns based on the area they lived in. The...
- MASTERING THE ART OF COLOR BLOCKING. SIMS, DARLA // Crochet!;Winter2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
The article offers suggestions and tips for crocheters on how to get smooth, professional-looking results from color blocking. One is to avoid mixing more than three colors together for it may make the wearer's body looks wider and shorter. Another is to use one of the neutral colors to outline...
- FLEECY FRIENDS. Boyd, Amanda // Cincinnati Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p28
This article presents information related to author's interest in knitting. To the author knitting looks like active meditation, a sort of tai chi where fingers, needles, and yarn move in prescribed patterns. Shops like Knit Happens in Oakley and Knit On in Bellevue serve practitioners of this...
- THE RIGHT STUFF. SIMS, DARLA // Crochet!;Apr2016, p26
The article offers guidelines for the appropriate handling of yarns to ensure best results in every crocheting project. Topics discussed include factors to consider when choosing which yarn to use including yarn texture, calculation of the required yardage for a substitute yarn, and the natural...