HOW DOES BUREAUCRACY IMPACT INDIVIDUAL CREATIVITY? A CROSS-LEVEL INVESTIGATION OF TEAM CONTEXTUAL INFLUENCES ON GOAL ORIENTATION-CREATIVITY RELATIONSHIPS
- 10 ways to change how you think. // Communication Briefings;Sep2012, p6
The article presents a discussion on several ways to improve the creativity of business teams, adapted from the blog "Creative Inspirations From the Fast Company 100 Most Creative People in Business 2012," by Mike Brown.
- Commentary on the Donald Hambrick Interview. Pettigrew, Andrew // Academy of Management Executive;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses an interview with Donald Hambrick published within the issue. The author notes the importance of Hambrick's creativity in the building of his career. Hambrick's research on strategic leadership has been enormously influential within the field of managerial studies....
- Lone Inventors as Source of Breakthroughs: Myth or Reality? Singh, Jasjit; Fleming, Lee // INSEAD Working Papers Collection;2009, Issue 31, preceding p1
Are lone inventors more or less likely to invent breakthroughs? Recent research has attempted to resolve this question by considering the variance of creative outcome distributions. It has implicitly assumed a symmetric thickening or thinning of both tails, that a greater probability of...
- How to establish a creative climate in the work group. VanGundy, Arthur G. // Management Review;Aug84, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p24
Discusses the factors that create a creative climate in the work group. External environment; Internal environment of creative individuals within a group; Quality of interpersonal relationships among the group members.
- Assessing a Group's Creative Climate. // Management Review;Aug84, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p26
Presents a questionnaire designed to help assess a work group's creative climate.
- Creativity and the group effort. Hayes, James L. // Management Review;May79, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p2
Discusses the link between creativity and group effort. Factors blamed for inhibiting the release of creative talent in research; Management practices which hinder creativity; Controversy regarding team versus individual compensation; Individuality in team approach.
- Taking the Marshmallow Challenge. // Executive Leadership;Jan2011, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the Marshmallow Challenge, which is a strategy to improve the innovativeness and creativity of a team, adapted from the web site MrashmallowChallenge.com.
- Facing Change. Louthan, McIntyre // Journal of Failure Analysis & Prevention;Apr2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p67
The author reflects on change and how it can be handled by metallurgists. He concludes that metallurgists who failed to focus their skills on teamwork either left for another organization or became bitter individuals. He adds that other metallurgists were never considered teammates. He also...
- Bureaucracy and innovation revisited: Effects of... Damanpour, Fariborz // Journal of High Technology Management Research;Fall96, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p150
Examines theories which explain the variation in the relationship between bureaucracy and innovation. Indicators of bureaucratic control which were considered; What is suggested by the results of a study on the topic.