Banks Prep $2B HY Deal for Arch Coal
- Arch Acquisition of ICG Part of Changing Coal Industry. Ross, Jim // State Journal (WV);5/6/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of the International Coal Group Inc. by Arch Coal Inc. which has been anticipated to strengthen its competitive market for the metallurgical coal in West Virginia.
- Arch-ICG Purchase Shows Arch Has Faith in the State. // State Journal (WV);5/6/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p36
In this article the author discusses the confidence shown by Arch Coal Inc. to West Virginia through its acquisition of Putnam County-based International Coal Group Inc. in West Virginia.
- Banks Prep $2B HY Deal for Arch Coal. Sheahan, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/6/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p19
The article reports on the alleged 2-billion dollar junk bond offering of banks for Arch Coal, Inc.
- ICG Acquisition Boosts Arch Coal Earnings. // State Journal (WV);2/17/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p11
The article reports on the positive impact of Arch Coal Inc.'s acquisition of International Coal Group Inc. (ICG) in 2011 on Arch Coal's fourth-year and annual earnings with net income of 70.9 million U.S. dollars in the fourth quarter and adjusted full-year net income of 205.2 million dollars.
- Arch Coal Inc. Completes Takeover of ICG. // State Journal (WV);6/17/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p32
The article announces Arch Coal Inc.'s 3.4 billion dollar deal to acquire International Coal Group Inc. (ICG) in the U.S.
- ARCH COAL TO ACQUIRE ICG for $3.4 Billion. // Coal Age;May2011, Vol. 116 Issue 5, p10
The article informs that a definitive agreement has been signed by Arch Coal and International Coal Group (ICG) under which Arch will acquire all of the outstanding shares of ICG for 14.60 dollar per share. Steve Leer, chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Arch Coal, said that the...
- Arch's $2B Deal Says Coal Still Heats Up HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/6/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p9
The article reports that Arch Coal, a coal mining company, has tapped into the high yield market by offering notes with 2019 and 2021 maturity. Arch Coal plans to use proceeds from a deal valued at 2 billion U.S. dollars to finance its acquisition of International Coal Group (ICG) for 3.4...
- International Coal Group Sold. Noto, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/9/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p18
The article reports that International Coal Group Inc. (ICG) will be acquired by Arch Coal Inc. for 3.4 billion U.S. dollars. The deal would increase the coal reserves of Arch by 25 percent. David Hammond, Ari Terry, Rob Jones and Whit Marshall of Morgan Stanley advised Arch throughout the...
- GRAFTON: Town With a Mine, But Not Yet a Mining Town. KASEY, PAM // State Journal (WV);5/24/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p1
The article offers information on the success of coal mining business Arch Coal and its benefits in Grafton, West Virginia. It states that Arch Coal has started its business in the country after its acquisition of the International Coal Group (ICG) in 2011. It says that the mine has been renamed...