Second generation Simrad broadband sounder
- Leveraging Technology for Prizes. Schmidt, David // Yachting;Jul2013, Vol. 214 Issue 1, p68
The article disscusses the released of several electronic equipments for yachting including the Garmin GSD 26 freshwater monitor from Garmin Ltd., the Simrad BSM-2 monitors from Simrad Co. and the Raymarine Dragonfly sonar from Raymarine PLC and outlines the electronic devices features.
- Sonar Profiling. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Sep2010, p89
A directory for companies in the U.S. that offer sonar profiling is presented.
- Sonar Profiling. // Pumper;2010 Supplier Directory, p58
The article offers information on Cues Inc. that offers sonar profiling equipment in Orlando, Florida.
- Garmin echoMAP 50s. K. F. // Boating;May2014, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p86
The article previews the echoMAP 50s chartplotter/sounder from Garmin.
- Akoostix Inc. // Journal of Ocean Technology;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p94
The article provides information on the Akoostix Incorporated's TruView rapid processing and analysis (RPA) sonar processing system.
- Schnitz mans Nixie. // Wilson County News;8/5/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 31, p6A
A photograph is presented that shows U.S. Navy Sonar Technican Second Class Richard Schnitz, from Nixon, Texas, talking on a sound-powered phone when he operated the cable winch for Nixie aboard the naval ship USS John C. Stennis.
- Doppler sonar in air for border security. S. G. B. // Physics Today;Jun2012, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p24
The article reports on a study which develops a Doppler sonar in open air that can identify key features of the human gait for border security.
- Depth Perception. DEAN, JOSH // Wired;Nov2010, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p062
The article reports on the use of the BlueView BV5000 sonar scanner to quickly map the A. J. Goddard, a stern-wheeler that sank in Lake Laberge in Canada in 1901.
- Seatronics Adds Six EdgeTech Sonars to Rental Pool. // Sea Technology;Oct2011, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p51
The article reports that Seatronics Ltd. has purchased EdgeTech side scan sonar equipment worth 434,000 dollars including two EdgeTech 4200 side scan sonars, two EdgeTech 4125 side scan sonars, and two EdgeTech 2000-DSS towed/remotely operated vehicle (ROV) side scan and sub-bottom profiling system.