The Haines Group: evolution of a family business
- One Into Two. Seidman, David // Boating;Jan2009, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the advantages of using hybrid engines in boats.
- Chairman sets up a horserace for succession. Yamaguchi, Yuzo // Automotive News;5/28/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5932, p17
Reports on the family business succession at the Suzuki Motor Corp in Tokyo, Japan. Details the joining of Hirotaka Ono at the company; Appointment of Toshihiro Suzuki as general manager; Views of Shigeharu Kimishima on the succession.
- U.S. Navy Contract Emphasizes Structural Integrity. // Practical Sailor;Aug2008, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p18
The article discusses the emphasis of structural integrity in complying the standards provided by boat racing oragnizations on creating recreational boats in the U.S. The build specification for the NA44 MKII sloop demands for a strict compliance to consider significant guidelines in boat...
- Institut brodara: hrvatski pomorski brend ili relikt proÅ¡losti. Vuković, Ante // Nase More;2013 Supplement, p125
The aim of this paper is to research the justification for existence of the term â€žship's operatorâ€œ as a central person in current Maritime Code. Scientific methods have been used in this study. Rich historical development of the term â€žship's operatorâ€œ was confirmed in...
- Idejni projekt brzog broda s hibridnim pogonom. Blagojević, Branko; Bašić, Josip // Nase More;2013 Supplement, p91
In this paper a concept design of a craft with hybrid propulsion drive has been presented. The main project goal was to determine possibilites for installation of hybrid propulsion drive on fast craft for leisure and touristic purposes, primarily in the Adriatic Sea. Common design variables were...
- Applying Simplified Naval Architecture Principles to Designing and Modifying Traditional Boats. Wyman, David // Ash Breeze;Winter2015, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses how the author applied the basic principles of naval architecture in designing, building and modifying traditional boats. It cites the 4 basic principles in boat design such the need for a float both at a desired waterline when in use, the need for an adequate stability...
- HIGH-END SOLUTIONS FOR LATIN AMERICA'S SOF. Rivas, Santiago // Naval Forces;2015, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p95
The article presents an interview with Ivan de Quatrebarbes, President of boat manufacturer Sillinger. Topics discussed include highlight of current technology is intercommunications system between the air compartments, use two stroke engines on the boats, and boat market in Chile. Quatrebarbes...
- Suzuki announces new 74.5kW (100hp) four-stroke outboard. // Ausmarine;Apr2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p41
The article features the Suzuki DF100 four-stroke engine for boats from Suzuki.
- DENNY'S OF Dumbarton. Ross, Helen // Scottish Memories;Apr2013, p26
The article explores the success of the Dumbarton, Scotland-based family shipbuilding firm Denny's Corp. It notes that the success of the Scottish shipbuilding firm began with early steamboats and culminated in a hovercraft project. It states that development of the company throughout the 19th...