MUA to face court over alleged unlawful industrial action
- Tug deckhands vote to take costly industrial action in Port Hedland. // Ausmarine;Jun2014, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p14
The article reports that members of Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) who work as tug deckheads at Port Hedland of Australia have voted to take industrial action if negotiations with the company regarding annual leave and wages do not reach a negotiation, which could affect the Australian economy.
- Tidewater strike halted by govt watchdog. // Ausmarine;Jul2014, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p13
The article reports on the move of the Fair Work Commission of Australia of suspending a strike against Tidewater Marine that was endorsed by the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) in Western Australia in May 2014.
- DP World deal looms as picket fights on. Mather, Joanna; Wiggins, Jenny // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/10/2015, p7
The article reports on a protest by the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA), a labor union of maritime workers, against terminal operator Hutchinson Port Holdings Ltd. at Sydney's Port Botany in New South Wales in August 2015 following the termination of nearly 100 workers.
- How militant Cain remains able. Stevens, Matthew // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/12/2015, p36
The article focuses on the decision by the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) to name and shame Fremantle dock workers as scabs after the failure of a strike at the port. Topics covered include the reason for shaming Douglas Watson in a poster campaign even if he obeyed the union directive to...
- Australia this week. // Bulletin with Newsweek;02/29/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6213, p12
Reports on developments in business and politics in Australia as of March 29, 2000. Includes the strike West Australian members of the Maritime Union of Australia; Survey of the Australian Conservation Foundation which reveals that the rate of land clearing in the country is the fifth highest...
- MUA strikes Dampier supply base. // Ausmarine;Nov2014, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on a five-day strike launch by the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) at the supply base of Mermaid Marine Australia in Dampier in October 2014.
- Workers defy orders to stop protest. Hannan, Ewin; Ludlow, Mark; Han, Misa // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/12/2015, p8
The article reports on the protest held by unionists in Australia in 2015 in support of Hutchison Ports employees dismissed by text and email. Topics covered include the call by Hutchison for workers and the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) to abide by orders to cease industrial action, the...
- MUA hikes membership fees to fund court battles. // Ausmarine;Oct2014, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the move of the Maritime Union of Australia to apply a two dollars per week levy to its members as of October 2014 in order to contribute to court against the Australian government and employers.
- Division doesn't add up. Martin, Brett // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/28/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6120, p24
Reports that the key element in the push to reform the waterfront in Melbourne, Victoria is the Maritime Union of Australia's unwillingness or inability to reach the world's best practice container movement level of 25 an hour. Financial savings from increasing container movements seen as...