'There is something fishyâ€¦about canola.'
- More research needed on krill oil -- another source for omega-3s. // Primary Care Optometry News;Apr2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p15
In this article, the author offers information on krill oil, a type of fish oil that is a source for omega-3 fatty acids.
- Mood Food. Barbor, Cary // Psychology Today;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Presents an overview of a research which showed that fish oil's omega-3 fatty acids may improve mood and mental health. Results of the research; Effect of fatty acids from fish oil on the communication channels in the brain.
- omega-3s, new & improved. Brechka, Nicole // Better Nutrition;Mar2013, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p18
The article presents information on several products which contain essential fatty acids, including Carlson Labs Salmon Oil Complete supplements, Dr. in the Kitchen Flackers snack crackers and Coromega, Big Squeeze drink pouches.
- Less Fishy Fish Oil. // Prevention;Aug2012, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p12
The article offers tips for taking fish oil from omega-3 fatty acids such as mixing it with yogurt, taking the pills before and not after a meal, stashing them in the freezer or picking up a lemon-flavored brand.
- Fats & oils. // Food Manufacture;Jan1996, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p16
Presents information on the benefits of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) in the diet. Importance of refining technology; Information on Diet and Reinfarction Trial (DART); Benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA); Health benefits of...
- ASK THE WELLNESS DOC. Lamm, Steven // Best Life;Jun2008, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p72
The article provides an answer to a question of whether krill oil is a better source of omega-3s than fish oil.
- Seas still mostly untapped food source, author says. // Journal of Business (10756124);9/10/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p15
The article discusses an article authored by Toni Tarver in the Institute of Food Technologists magazine regarding use of oceans as food resources that are rich in vitamins, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids and also mentions the nutritional benefits of seaweeds.
- Fish Oil May Help Diabetic Hearts. // Life Extension;Sep2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p17
Reports on the research on the consumption of fish oil to reduce the risk of coronary heart diseases among persons with diabetes in the U.S. Presence of omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil; Prevention for the development of blood clots; Avoidance for fatal irregular heart rhythm.
- CALGENEX UNVEILS OMEGANOL FOR CHOLESTEROL/TRIGLYCERIDES. // Biotech Business;Nov2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p4
The article provides information on Omeganolâ„¢, introduced by Calgenex Corp. in Tampa, Florida. Omeganolâ„¢ is a natural product for management of cholesterol and triglyceride which contains concentration of omega-3 fish oils and fractions from palm fruit and annatto flower. Overview of...