- Not formulas but rules of thumb. Feasel, Marnie // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on effective learning for workers. Content of the learning process; Need for a skilled teacher.
- Human Resources Management. // Henley Manager Update;Summer99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on human resource management. Two criteria that form the foundation for developing an organization's human resource framework; Four quadrant models developed by Lepak and Snell; Explanation on the four interrelated processes of organizational learning.
- Building a Learning Strategy at the Top: Interviews with Ten of America's CLOs. Baldwin, Timothy T.; Danielson, Camden C. // Business Horizons;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p5
Presents information on a study on the design and execution of learning strategy in large, multinational corporations through an interview with several Chief Learning Officers (CLO) in the United States. Profile of a CLO; Information on the salary of a CLO, and their reporting relationships...
- HOW THE WAY WE TALK CAN CHANGE THE WAY WE WORK (Book Review). Brown, Lydia Morris // Siliconindia;Mar2001, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p99
Provides tips on transformational learning in organizations. Details on organizational change processes; Guidelines on personal learning; Need for avoiding constructive criticism.
- Start capitalising on staff know-how. Bentley, Ross // Computer Weekly;6/20/2002, p72
Focuses on the importance of talent management in the retention of organization. Use of collaborative approach between line managers and individuals; Lack of sustainable knowledge management approach; Identification of various procedures in the organizations; Combination of organizational forms...
- Feeding minds to grow the business. Burgoyne, John // People Management;9/21/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p22
Explains the value of `learning organization' theory and analyses the role of human resources management in nurturing a new kind of company, one that both teaches and learns from itself. Two concepts of organizational learning and the learning company; Practices that are proposed for the...
- Transforming Teaching, Knowledge Management & Performance Measurement Systems Learning and Performance Quarterly 2(1), 2013. Pasquini, Laura A.; Zimmerman, Tekeisha; Allen, Jeff M. // Learning & Performance Quarterly;2013, Vol. 2 Issue 1, pi
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various topics within the issue including ideas of learning, modes of education and human resource development.
- There's Nothing New Under the Sun. Bhasin, Roberta // Pulp & Paper;Nov98, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p31
Suggests a set of human resources policies central to creating the skills, networks, and cultures that are required to support learning organizations. Includes hiring people who fit the organization; Creation of assignments that are cross-functional; Redesign of appraisal and compensation systems.
- Forewarned is forearmed. Sloman, Martyn // People Management;4/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p26
Considers how the human resources profession in Great Britain has to change its approach to take advantage of the electronic learning revolution. Learning technology adopted by Motorola University; Difference between hard and soft technology; Significance of electronic learning. INSETS: An...