STRATEGY & OD
- Shrinking 'Change Cycle' exposes dysfunction in workplace employees. Jones, Tom E. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/07/98, Issue 322391, p6
Comments on the importance of recognizing the effect of organizational change cycles on employee management strategies. Determination of the amount of time it takes to adopt to cycle changes; Recognition of the role of technology in speeding up the cycle; Identification of values and opinions...
- Human Resource Management: An Index and its Relationship to Readiness for Change. Fox, David G.; Ellison, Robert L.; Keith, Karen L. // Public Personnel Management;Fall88, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p297
Focuses on the relationship between human resource management (HRM) and readiness for change. Use of HRM index on measuring performance level of organizations; Factors leading to poor organizational effectiveness; Usability of HRM index on assessing management practices.
- Implementation of change arouses array of responses. Jones, Tom E. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/02/2000, Issue 322676, p7
Advises on how executives can help their employees adjust to changes in the organization. Need for cooperation between managers and employees; Areas where organizational change is likely to occur in various types of businesses; Changes in service-oriented organizations.
- 9 ways to create an atmosphere for change. Denton, D. Keith // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p76
Presents ways on how human resource executives can create the right atmosphere for organizational changes. Creation of dissatisfaction with the status quo; Reduction of the fear of change; Benefits of change; Building of support for change; Definition of specific change objectives.
- SURVEYING ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT SKILLS. Warrick, D.D.; Donovan, Tom // Training & Development Journal;Sep79, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p22
Reports on surveys of leaders in organizational development (OD) which shows the skills compiled from the survey and provides a way for OD practitioners to evaluate their own OD skills. Identification of major skills; Importance of consulting skills; Need for OD practitioners to develop a sound...
- SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE. Goad, Tom // Training & Development Journal;Sep79, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p46
Discusses the role of Organizational Development (OD) in making organizations successful and in meeting the needs of everyone involved in them. Reason for the application of OD to large organizations; Suggestions in preparing management people of small organizations to become change agents.
- DEVELOPING A MOTIVATIONAL STRATEGY. Janson, Robert // Training & Development Journal;Sep79, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p56
Explores the potential for immediate productivity gains and comprehensive organizational change. Suggestion of a comprehensive strategy of organizational change for productivity; Changes in design of the job and other structural elements; Criteria of good layout and workflow.
- WILL BEHAVIOR MODELING SURVIVE THE '80s? Robinson, James C. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1980, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Examines the strengths and shortcomings of behavior-modeling. Effectiveness of behavior-modeling in skill and confidence development; Utilization of behavior modeling in the areas of selling skills, patient care, interviewing, assessor training and customer contact skills; Requirements for...
- HRD -- CHANGING ORGANIZATIONAL SYSTEMS IN THE '80s. Scobel, Don // Training & Development Journal;Jan1980, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p40
Discusses the development process in human resource development (HRD) professionals. HRD professionals' discovery of the well-trained and developed manager and administrator; Importance of HRD in the re-evaluation of human resource philosophy and systems used in the organization.
- STRATEGY & OD. // People Management;Oct2011, p8
The article presents updates on human resources (HR) strategy and organizational development (OD) in Great Britain as of October 2011, including the resignation of Everything Everywhere executives Ian Pitcher and Linda Kennedy, the plan of Jaguar Land Rover to open a new factory in the West...