- Review of Vocational Education - The Wolf Report March 2011. // Education Journal;Jun2011, Issue 127, p11
The article focuses on the 2011 report of professor Alison Wolf regarding the condition of vocational education in Great Britain. It features five key characteristics of labour market including the shift in youth labour market, the need for general skills of students to adopt in the changing...
- Federalism and Workforce Policy Reform. King, Christopher T. // Publius: The Journal of Federalism;Spring99, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p53
Examines the federalism in the United States' workforce policy in terms of the 1998 Workforce Investment Act and the 1998 Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act. Federalism trends in job training and other workforce policy components; Developments that paved the way for the...
- CELEBRATING CTE'S SUCCESSES. Hyslop, Alisha // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Feb2014, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses the success of career and technical education (CTE) programs provided through the Smith-Hughes National Vocational Education Act in the U.S. Topics discussed include requirement of skills for transitioning a country to global information-rich economy and high level academic...
- Why do women get stuck half-way up? Royle, Henrietta // Management Today;Jun2013, Issue 6, p30
A review of the book "The XX Factor: How Working Women Are Creating a New Society" by Alison Wolf is presented.
- In Washington. // Vocational Education Journal;Apr94, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p11
Presents developments in government policies and legislation regarding vocational education in the United States. President Bill Clinton's request to Congress to reduce federal spending for vocational education; American Vocational Association's (AVA) request to Congress for additional budget;...
- In Washington. Hudelson, Dale // Vocational Education Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p17
Reports on legislative developments concerning vocational education in the United States. Includes a House-Senate conference committee's approval of a compromise appropriations bill for Labor, HHS and Education; Reauthorization of the Perkins Act in 1995; Efforts of the Departments of Labor and...
- Bumpy ride ahead. Lovejoy, Bret // Vocational Education Journal;Jan95, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p8
Discusses the implications of the U.S. Congress elections on vocational-technical educators. Reauthorization of the Perkins Act of 1990; Examination of the Goals 2000 legislation; National education standards; Funding for educational programs.
- In Washington. Hudelson, Dale // Vocational Education Journal;Oct95, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p21
Reports on various legislation affecting vocational education in the United States. Appropriations bill for 1996; Proposals for education and training block grants; Creation of America's Labor Market Information System (ALMIS). INSET: Washington watch, by Nancy O'Brien..
- Lack of progress could imperil voc.-ed bill. West, Peter // Education Week;5/29/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p19
Reports that political bickerings in the US Congress are hampering the passage of a bill to consolidate federal job-training and vocational-education efforts. Lack of agreement on whether to set specific authorized funding levels in the bill; Key differences in the House and Senate versions of...