LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Move with the goal posts. Harrison, Roy // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p33
Focuses on the learning paradigm that can help trainers for coping with rapid organizational change, developed by David Guile and Nickie Fonda. Development of more innovative work practices to ensure that core business process add value; Replacement of managerial control by self-discipline; Role...
- The Role of Training in Organization Development. Burke, W. Warner // Training & Development Journal;Sep72, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p30
Explores the role of employee training in organizational development. Negative aspects of individual training programs which are not integrated within the context of an overall organization improvement effort; Various approaches to organizational change.
- The interaction between training and change in South African organisations. Struwig, Miemie; Smith, Elroy; Venter, Danie // South African Journal of Business Management;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p113
This article outlines the results of a study which investigates the interaction between training and change in South African organisations. A literature study provides a theoretical foundation which explains the nature of the interaction between training and change in the organisation. An...
- OD Strategy For Today's Training. Carter, Robin N. // Training & Development Journal;Apr75, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p28
Discusses why organizational development (OD) can become an important tool in training employees. Models that illustrate how OD can help the man-to-man, group, and overlapping patterns of organizations; Establishment of objectives and results of specific OD programs.
- A RESULTS-ORIENTED APPROACH TO OD. Moravec, Milan // Training & Development Journal;Sep78, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on results-oriented approach to organization development. Promotion of method of employee training; Value of human resources.
- SmartProcess: A Practical Training Program and a Tool for Organizational Change. Zierden, William E.; Robinson, Kathleen M. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1983, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on the use of SmartProcess, a practical training program, as a tool for organizational change. Concept and overview of the program; Processes involved in the SmartProcess training for its participants; Results of the program; Use of SmartProcess in organization development.
- THE CASE FOR THE ORGANIZATION DEVELOPER. Fitz-Enz, Jack // Training & Development Journal;Jan1971, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p30
Compares the function of an organizational developer and an employee trainer. Opportunity for achievement and recognition; Management's communication of concern over employees' welfare.
- The Change-Capable Organization. McLagan, Patricia A. // T+D;Jan2003, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p50
Discusses change management as one of major concerns to executives in various organizations around the world. Need for transformation of organizations to embrace change as an ongoing way of life; Qualities of organizations that suggests its inbuilt capacity for change; Emergence of several...
- Change must come from the top down. Rose, Steve // T & P: Tooling & Production;Jul2002, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p14
Discusses cultural shift toward training of the manufacturing staff. Background of the cultural shift; Development of the manufacturing staff's skill level; Conflict regarding the middle management's involvement in the training initiative.