HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Events. // Professional Safety;Jan2015, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p12
A calendar of events across the globe in December 2015 is presented which includes the Combustible Dust Workshop, event titled "Work, Health & Well-Being: Integrating Wellness & Occupational Health & Safety in the Workplace," and the 2015 Indiana Safety & Health Conference & Expo.
- Use Behavioral Economics to Achieve Wellness Goals. Asch, David A.; Volpp, Kevin G. // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;12/1/2014, p2
The article discusses ways to encourage adoption of behavioral economic approaches to achieve wellness goals for employees that include giving reward to everyone, use of separate checks or gift cards to deliver benefits, and constructing teams so that individual efforts become group achievements.
- What about the leader? Crossover of emotional exhaustion and work engagement from followers to leaders. Wirtz, Nina; Rigotti, Thomas; Otto, Kathleen; Loeb, Carina // Journal of Occupational Health Psychology;Jan2017, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p86
Although a growing body of research links leadership behavior to follower health, comparatively little is known about the health effects of being in the lead. This longitudinal study of 315 team members and 67 leaders examined the crossover of emotional exhaustion and work engagement from...
- Long-Term Development of Employee Well-Being: A Latent Transition Approach. Mäkikangas, Anne; Schaufeli, Wilmar; Leskinen, Esko; Kinnunen, Ulla; Hyvönen, Katriina; Feldt, Taru // Journal of Happiness Studies;Dec2016, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p2325
The long-term development of employee well-being is still poorly understood. Consequently, in this three-wave 10-year longitudinal study among Finnish managers ( n = 402) the development of employee well-being was examined in in detail. Specifically, the long-term development of job-related...
- Healthy and efficient work with computers and information and communications technologyï¿½are there limits? Carayon, Pascale // SJWEH Supplements;2007, Issue 3, p10
The article discusses the impact of computers and information and communications technology on the organization of work in terms of health, well-being and performance. Some of the factors that can influence the impact of computer technology on work intensification are characteristics of the...
- Measuring Work Well-Being and Productivity in the Nordic Countries. Foldspang, Lars; Mark, Michael; Puggaard, Kristian M�rk; Poulsen, Otto Melchior; Johansson, Ulf; Ahonen, Guy; Aasn�ss, Steinar // Measuring Work Well-Being & Productivity in the Nordic Countries;2011, preceding p7
This report provides an indicator manual for the measurement of work environment and well-being. It thus completes phase 1 of a project in three phases on the possible connection between work environment, well-being, and productivity. This relationship -- between well-being and productivity --...
- One Foot in the Grave-Yard Shift: What Nightshift Workers Should Know. Dickey, Les E. // Corrections Today;Apr2010, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p18
In this article the author discusses aspects of what he believes nightshift workers in the field of corrections should know based on his experience working the graveyard shift at the Oregon Department of Corrections. He discusses several health concerns related to those who work 40 hours a week...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Lees, Rod; Howe, Lenore // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);10/22/2013, Issue 660, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles with topics including wellness, the Golden Rule and the consideration of social status as a risk factor.
- Laboratorios Quinton, una empresa involucrada en el bienestar integral. Sánchez, Cecilia Coll // GestiÃ³n PrÃ¡ctica de Riesgos Laborales;ene2014, Issue 111, p40
No abstract available.