HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Events. // Professional Safety;Jan2015, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p12
A calendar of events across the globe in December 2015 is presented which includes the Combustible Dust Workshop, event titled "Work, Health & Well-Being: Integrating Wellness & Occupational Health & Safety in the Workplace," and the 2015 Indiana Safety & Health Conference & Expo.
- Healthy and efficient work with computers and information and communications technologyï¿½are there limits? Carayon, Pascale // SJWEH Supplements;2007, Issue 3, p10
The article discusses the impact of computers and information and communications technology on the organization of work in terms of health, well-being and performance. Some of the factors that can influence the impact of computer technology on work intensification are characteristics of the...
- Measuring Work Well-Being and Productivity in the Nordic Countries. Foldspang, Lars; Mark, Michael; Puggaard, Kristian M�rk; Poulsen, Otto Melchior; Johansson, Ulf; Ahonen, Guy; Aasn�ss, Steinar // Measuring Work Well-Being & Productivity in the Nordic Countries;2011, preceding p7
This report provides an indicator manual for the measurement of work environment and well-being. It thus completes phase 1 of a project in three phases on the possible connection between work environment, well-being, and productivity. This relationship -- between well-being and productivity --...
- One Foot in the Grave-Yard Shift: What Nightshift Workers Should Know. Dickey, Les E. // Corrections Today;Apr2010, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p18
In this article the author discusses aspects of what he believes nightshift workers in the field of corrections should know based on his experience working the graveyard shift at the Oregon Department of Corrections. He discusses several health concerns related to those who work 40 hours a week...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Lees, Rod; Howe, Lenore // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);10/22/2013, Issue 660, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles with topics including wellness, the Golden Rule and the consideration of social status as a risk factor.
- Laboratorios Quinton, una empresa involucrada en el bienestar integral. Sánchez, Cecilia Coll // GestiÃ³n PrÃ¡ctica de Riesgos Laborales;ene2014, Issue 111, p40
No abstract available.
- Health and safety and health and wellbeing. Pitt, Michael // Journal of Retail & Leisure Property;Nov2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p263
The editorial offers the author's thoughts regarding the need for health and wellbeing considerations in the workplace. Sick building syndrome is described, in which at least one-fifth of a building's occupants report feeling general irritation and malaise that passes upon exiting the building....
- Concept of Occupational Health and Safety and Evaluation of Awareness Level among Employees. Qasim, Muhammad; Bashir, Aroj; Shan, Ali; Anees, Malik Muhammad; Ghani, Muhammad Usman; Khalid, Moeen; Malik, Jahanzaib; Hanan, Faisal // World Applied Sciences Journal;2014, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p904
Occupational safety and health is an to caring the safety, health and wellbeing of people occupied in work. The aim of the study is to study the occupational health and safety of the factory employs and assessment of management practices towards health and safety of employee in lather shoe...
- 20% of organisations have wellbeing strategy. Calnan, Marianne // Employee Benefits;12/9/2014, p1
The article informs that according to the study "Working Well: A Global Survey of Health Promotion, Workplace Wellness and Productivity Strategies" by Buck Consultants at Xerox, less than 20 percent of Great Britain-based organisations have a fully implemented wellbeing strategy, in comparison...