- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Coaching at Work;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p9
This section offers news briefs on studies related to coaching at work in Great Britain, including a research study by OnePoll which found that workers feel under pressure at work, a survey by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Deveopment which identified indirect methods as the best way...
- Harnessing the power of groups. COLKER, JAY // Smart Business Chicago;Oct2013, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p5
The article discusses how Crowdsourced Coaching approach can help enhance leadership quality of a person. It mentions that an individual can develop good leadership qualities if he or she experiences it and maintains good relationship with trusted individuals. It reveals that if an organization...
- Jessica RodrÃguez CMgr. PEREIRA, BLAYNE // Professional Manager;Winter2015, p70
The article presents the views of Jessica RodrÃguez, senior manager of accounting transactions at telecommunications firm Liberty Global, on business management. Topics include the importance of empathy in business managers, dealing with different cultures at workplace, and coaching of...
- Leveraging Diversity as an Asset. // Fortune;9/2/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p211
This article talks about making workplace diversity as a corporate asset. According to the author, corporations understand that the changing workforce and market demographics make diversity initiatives imperative to a business. He said once employers recognize the need to develop and integrate...
- Report stresses Rockwell Collins' diversity commitment. Kenyon, Tim // Corridor Business Journal;5/17/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p7
The article announces the release of Rockwell Collins Inc.'s 2010 diversity report that promotes leadership engagement and increased mentoring programs in Iowa. According to its diversity director Sue Nelson, employees from mid-level supervisors to executives are expected to attend diversity...
- The value in diversity. Edwards, Steven // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p16
Discusses the importance of diversity in business. Definition of diversity; Benefits for the accounting profession; History of diversity in Canada; Efforts to overcome stereotyping of employees; Diversity training programs; Costs in valuing diversity; Methods to measure the impact of diversity;...
- Dignity and respect for all. Pearlman, Shelley // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p29
Discusses diversity training programs to enhance employee performance and awareness. Training objectives; Key issues addressed; Factors for a successful training program.
- Diversity marks Knudsen's. // Candy Industry;Jul98, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p68
Focuses on the employees of Knudsen's Candy in California comprising of people from diverse ethnic and social backgrounds. Observance of ethnic special events at the company; Goal for incorporating diversity by company officials.
- Diversity finds a truer hue. Collins, Clayton // Christian Science Monitor;11/13/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 247, p11
Discusses diversity in the workplace in the United States as of November 13, 2000.