- legal directory. // Employers Law;Oct2012, p24
A directory for legal specialists in employment law in Great Britain is presented.
- legal directory. // Employers Law;Nov2013, p24
The article presents a directory of lawyers and law firms specializing in labor laws in Great Britain including Allen & Overy, Baker & McKenzie and DLA Piper.
- Perspective: Compromise contracts and the Equality Act 2010. Newman, Darren // Employers Law;Nov2010, p10
The author comments on how a provision in the Equality Act 2010 on compromise agreements could make these agreements unenforceable. He claims that prior to this legislation, other statutes and statutory instruments relevant to employment law had compromise agreement provisions that fundamentally...
- The persuaders. Baldwin, Louisa // Lawyer 2B;Autumn2015, p21
The article focuses on the legal practice in employment law in Great Britain. It discusses the key distinction between an employment lawyer who works for employees and those who work for employers, noting the significance of interpersonal skills for both categories. It looks at the skills needed...
- Employment law changes: what's it all about? Charlton, John // Personnel Today;3/31/2009, p4
The article presents the views of several employment lawyers on employment law changes in Great Britain. The changes include the repeal of the statutory dispute resolution procedures, rises in statutory holiday entitlement, and changes in VAT paid on temporary staff. According to Katie Clarke,...
- â€œA Sensible Radicalâ€: Conversations with Professor Sir Bob Hepple. Part 2 - UK and the World. Dingle, Lesley // Legal Information Management;Dec2009, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p299
This is a further contribution to the Squire Law Library Eminent Scholars Archive based on interviews with Emeritus Professor Sir Bob Hepple.1 Part 2 covers his career in the UK, both academic and as a legal activist in the fields of human and social rights and labour law. Professor Hepple gave...
- Age of reason. // Lawyer;5/28/2012, p30
The article presents a joint interview with members of a legal peer panel in May 2012, including the law firm CM Murray's counselor Charis Damiano, the Stewarts Law firm partner Arpita Dutt, and the Shearman & Sterling law firm's counselor Sam Whitaker. Damiano discusses the impact of the 2006...
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p4
The article discusses enacted and soon-to-be enacted labor laws in Great Britain as of March 2010, including the statutory right to request for time off for study or training and replacement of the sick note with a fit note.
- CONSULTATION WATCH. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p5
This section presents news briefs related to public consultation on labor laws in Great Britain as of March 2010 which includes the government's consultation on travel and subsistence scheme arrangements for temporary workers and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills' consultation...