- DEDUCTIONS FROM PAY. Huggett, Ryan // Recruiter;Jul2015, Special section p6
The article discusses the impact of changes in law on recruitment businesses and the industry after the general elections in Great Britain won by Conservative political party. Topics discussed include plans to repeal Regulation 7 of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses...
- EU labour laws burden business. // Director;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p68
The article features the report "The Midas Touch," by the Institute of Directors (IoD) highlighting the translation of European Union employment regulations into law in Great Britain.
- Tupe: what's really changing. // People Management;Jan2014, p13
The article reports on the changes to the provisions of the Tranfer of an Undertaking (Tupe) regulations in Great Britain, including the economic, technical or organizational reasons for the transfer, consultation for micro businesses, and factors that will initiate a change in service provision.
- Report urges government to repeal unfair dismissal rules. Nias, Simon // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);11/4/2011, p2
The article focuses on a leaked Downing Street report on employment law which urges government to allow small and medium business enterprises (SME's) to dismiss unproductive workers without explanation because proving someone who deserves to be dismissed is difficult in Great Britain.
- LAW NEWS. // People Management;1/27/2011, p9
The article focuses on issues related to labor law in Great Britain including the review of the implementation of the Bribery Act 2010, the decision of the government to go ahead with scrapping the default retirement age (DRA) by October 2011 and the tax implications of the voluntary redundancy...
- EMPLOYMENT LAW. // People Management;Dec2011, p13
News briefs on employment law in Great Britain are presented including a possible reduction in the consulting period for layoffs of over 100 employees, the conviction of court clerk Munir Patel under the 2010 Bribery Act and a ruling by the Court of Appeals that a letter terminating employment...
- WORKPLACE RIGHTS EMPLOYMENT LAW AND THE EU. Burd, Michael; Davies, James // Management Today;Mar2013, Issue 3, p16
The article considers labor law in Great Britain, noting that many employee rights are guaranteed by European Union (EU) law and cannot be changed by a British government unless the country leaves the EU.
- EMPLOYMENT LAW TIMETABLE. // Employers Law;Oct2009, p9
The article discusses upcoming employment law directives in Great Britain for 2010. By April 6, 2010, legislation reducing the number of years' contribution required for full basic state pension will be introduced. The European Union (EU) Blue Card Directive provides definitions for entry and...
- From inside to out. Morsley, Kylie // Employers Law;Mar2012, p12
The article discusses the application of Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE) to two common situations in Great Britain as of March 2012, amid many organisations outsourcing employees. Employers face uncertainty when dealing with TUPE in a cross-border...