Sex and Relationship Education in British families: How do we move forward?
- Experimenting with the 'Birds and the Bees': A Pre-Experimental Approach to Analyzing Parent-Adolescent Sexual Communication. Croatt, Heidi // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
An unconventional method in family sexual communication research was utilized. In a pre - experimental approach, participants engaged in research-initiated sexual communication (RISC) in order to assess immediate responses about parent - child sexual communication. Results showed a decrease in...
- Promoting Parental Involvement in Sex Education in California. // American Journal of Public Health;May85, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p563
The article focuses on the involvement of parents in the sex education of their teenage children in California. According to the literature, parent-child communication on sexuality diminishes the incidence of early unplanned pregnancy and nurturing parental skills in sex education is one of the...
- Tough Kids, Tougher Calls. Zaslow, Jeffrey // Time;4/22/2002, Vol. 159 Issue 16, p76
Discusses whether parents should intervene when their children are bullied by other children. Why researchers say calling parents of bullies is often futile; Comments of child psychologist Laura Kavest; How conversations with other parents can be misinterpreted; What to do if you get a call...
- Does the Parentâ€“Child Relationship Contribute to Children's and Parentsâ€™ Anxiety? Matthewson, Mandy; Smith, Rosanne Burton; Montgomery, Iain // Journal of Relationships Research;Dec2012, Vol. 3, p1
This study explored which parentâ€“child relationship factors are most important in predicting children's and parentsâ€™ anxiety. The participants were 52 fathers, 52 mothers, 30 sons and 30 daughters. Parents completed a measure of anxiety and a measure of the parentâ€“child...
- The Parent Connection. Pitino, Donna // Teaching Pre K-8;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p39
Focuses on building better relationship between parents and child. Tips on easing stress in parent-child relationship; Importance of spending quality time together; Ways to establish communication between schools and parents.
- LOUDER THAN WORDS. CHILLOT, RICK // Psychology Today;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p52
The article presents tips on using the sense of touch in interacting with other people. It states that probing the ability of people to communicate with each other nonverbally is a new psychological tactic. According to the author, people tend to be made to interpret the meaning of a fellow...
- Relationship-Strengthening Class Improves Life for New Families. // Trends in Medical Research;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p86
No abstract available.
- Parent position influence on preschoolers1 attitude towards peers. Smirnova, E. O.; Khokhlacheva, I. V. // Psychological Science & Education;2008, Issue 4, p57
The article presents empirical research on parental position to children of elder preschool age with different types of relationships with peers. Comparative research of mothers' parental position of preschoolers with and without problems in communication was conducted. Findings indicate that...
- Someone You Know Is Having a Tough Time Talking to Their Children Aboutâ€¦um, Stuff. Dreyer, Jennifer // La Prensa San Diego;10/28/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p4
The article discusses the difficult times which the parents face while giving sex education to their children and also focuses on the importance of a better interpersonal communication between the family members.