YOUR OFFICIAL SUMMER BUCKET LIST
- Early years forest school is a hit all round. Gaunt, Catherine // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);3/5/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 4159, p8
The article features the Great Wood Farm Early Years Centre's forest school sessions in Lincolnshire, England. The session began with activities such as children investigating the base area, climbing trees, and learning their forest school song. Each session of the children is based on a theme...
- Summer stock. Aberlin, Mary Beth; Antia, Meher // Sciences;May/Jun97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p9
Presents an array of summer classes and activities in science in the United States in 1997. Linguistics; Environmental monitoring and management; Marine biology; Books that provide assistance to parents on where to send their children during summer; Rocky Mountain National Park seminars.
- EXPERT OPINION. Smith, Darci // Crain's Chicago Business;5/1/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p55
The article presents information about the best way to track summertime activities in Chicago, Illinois. One should not waste time typing in or cutting out schedules: Download them. The Cubs, White Sox and Chicago Symphony Orchestra, among others, offer on their Web sites downloadable files-and...
- It's Summertime! Armstrong, Lisa // Working Mother;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p160
The article describes some crafts for children during the summer. Bubble art involves adding liquid tempera to bubble solution. Backyard safari includes hunting for bugs using paper binoculars. Secret messages can be made using invisible ink made from two teaspoons of baking soda and a cup of water.
- Vacation fun. // Mother & Baby;May2015, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p100
The article lists ideas for parents to help their children spend their summer vacation at home, which includes activities like visiting the local market with children to develop conceptual skills, involving children in daily chores, and providing books for reading.
- Play time is smile time. VALADE, CAROLE // Grand Rapids Family Magazine;Oct2011, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p6
In this article, the author focuses on the importance of playing for children in the childhood and relates the development of brain with playing. She highlights about the role of Robert Dean, director of Children's Museum of Grand Rapids in Michigan, in bringing the parents to play often with...
- A Children's Museum Activity Book (Book Review). Hunter, Lynn S.; Gerhardt, Lillian N. // School Library Journal;Apr80, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p119
Reviews the book 'A Children's Museum Activity Book: Milk Carton Blocks,' by Bernie Zubrowski.
- Keep Your Sanity this Summer Fifty activities for the times when there is nothing to do. Adil, Ruhaifa // Hiba;Apr-Jun2015, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p12
The article cites things to do during summer to keep one's sanity. It mentions that the things one should do should help consume time in a fun and constructive manner particularly on the part of the children. It offers several activities during the season including recycling and making work of arts.
- The Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer. Britton, Galer // Piecework;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p14
The article features the Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer in Grand Island, Nebraska. It is stated that the museum has a summer class program for kindergarten to high school students designed to give them a taste of prairie life in the region from1840 through 1900. The classes reportedly offer...