YOUR OFFICIAL SUMMER BUCKET LIST
- Early years forest school is a hit all round. Gaunt, Catherine // Nursery World;3/5/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 4159, p8
The article features the Great Wood Farm Early Years Centre's forest school sessions in Lincolnshire, England. The session began with activities such as children investigating the base area, climbing trees, and learning their forest school song. Each session of the children is based on a theme...
- Summer stock. Aberlin, Mary Beth; Antia, Meher // Sciences;May/Jun97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p9
Presents an array of summer classes and activities in science in the United States in 1997. Linguistics; Environmental monitoring and management; Marine biology; Books that provide assistance to parents on where to send their children during summer; Rocky Mountain National Park seminars.
- EXPERT OPINION. Smith, Darci // Crain's Chicago Business;5/1/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p55
The article presents information about the best way to track summertime activities in Chicago, Illinois. One should not waste time typing in or cutting out schedules: Download them. The Cubs, White Sox and Chicago Symphony Orchestra, among others, offer on their Web sites downloadable files-and...
- It's Summertime! Armstrong, Lisa // Working Mother;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p160
The article describes some crafts for children during the summer. Bubble art involves adding liquid tempera to bubble solution. Backyard safari includes hunting for bugs using paper binoculars. Secret messages can be made using invisible ink made from two teaspoons of baking soda and a cup of water.
- A Children's Museum Activity Book (Book Review). Hunter, Lynn S.; Gerhardt, Lillian N. // School Library Journal;Apr80, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p119
Reviews the book 'A Children's Museum Activity Book: Milk Carton Blocks,' by Bernie Zubrowski.
- Play time is smile time. VALADE, CAROLE // Grand Rapids Family Magazine;Oct2011, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p6
In this article, the author focuses on the importance of playing for children in the childhood and relates the development of brain with playing. She highlights about the role of Robert Dean, director of Children's Museum of Grand Rapids in Michigan, in bringing the parents to play often with...
- Staycation Summer. Guglielmetti, Petra // Better Homes & Gardens;Jun2009, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p245
The article focuses on various summer activities for kids. It discusses unusual routines for summer which include pretending as tourists in their own area, visiting places for leisure, and sleeping in an unmade bed. It also offers tips on how to make fizz from cucumber-melon, popsicles, and...
- The Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer. Britton, Galer // Piecework;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p14
The article features the Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer in Grand Island, Nebraska. It is stated that the museum has a summer class program for kindergarten to high school students designed to give them a taste of prairie life in the region from1840 through 1900. The classes reportedly offer...
- Welcome to The Soar Store. // Scholastic SuperScience;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p10
Presents an activity for children asking reader to make a choice on products aimed at enabling consumer to fly.