- Random House builds in Asia, taps Chi prez. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;12/12/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 7, p6
Reports the appointment of former Ingram Group chief operating officer Youngsuk Chi as president of Random House in Asia. Move as part of the effort to establish a stronger presence in the Asian market; Job responsibilities of Chi; Role in expanding the scope and experience of the company's...
- Sarnoff Gets New Post at Random. // Publishers Weekly;6/26/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the appointment of Richard Sarnoff as president at Random House media and corporate development. Sarnoff's mandate according to memorandum from Erik Engstrom, Random's president and chief operating officer; Members of Sarnoff's unit.
- Virden Steps Down; Gibson, Frost Shift Jobs. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the organizational changes on executive personnel and publishing operation in Random House Inc. in the U.S. Appointment of Chip Gibson to president and publisher of Random House Children's Books; Integration of Random House Information Group into Crown Publishing Group; Formation of...
- Chi Named Random House President. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the appointment of Y.S. Chi as executive vice president of Random House (RH). Responsibilities of Chi; Number-one priority of Chi at the company according to RH chairman Peter Olson; Details on the restructuring at RH.
- People In The News... // Book Publishing Report;08/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p8
Reports the appointment of several executives in the book industry and trade in the United States. Includes the appointment of Jessica Carter as media and online marketing director for Knopf Publishing Group; Beth Ford as senior vice president for global operations of Scholastic Inc.; Martin...
- People in the news... // Book Publishing Report;10/11/99, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p8
Presents news items related to executive appointments of book companies in the United States as of October 11, 1999. Scholastic Inc.'s appointment of executives Olaf Olafsson and Linda Keene to its board of directors; Andy Sutherland's resignation as managing director of Macmillan Ltd.
- New York Times: Bestseller Scorecard. // Book Publishing Report;04/30/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p4
Presents a chart depicting the number of bestseller books from book publishing firms in the United States as of April 2001. Dominance of Random House Inc.; Source of the information; Names of the book agencies.
- Ammer Named to Global Post at Random. Millliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 40, p7
Reports on the appointment of Bonnie Ammer as executive vice president, publisher at large at Random House Worldwide. Positions that Ammer will give up for the appointment; Responsibilities of Ammer; Plans of Ammer for the company.
- Random House CEO tapped to lead Bertelsmann's global book division. // Book Publishing Report;12/13/99, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p3
Announces the appointment of Random House Chief Executive Officer Peter Olson as head of the German media conglomerate Bertelsmann's worldwide trade-book publishing interests. Olson as the first American to serve on Bertelsmann's Executive Board; Financial performance of Bertelsmann's United...