- Publishers' First Quarter Generally Stronger Year-Over-Year. // Book Publishing Report;May2010, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the revenues and profits of trade publishing houses in which a rebound for the first quarter of 2010 is observed according to the "Book Publishing Report" (BPR). It says that profit increase of 53.7% is reported by four publishers including Simon & Schuster Inc.,...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p3
Presents the New York Times bestseller ratings scorecard of publishers. HarperCollins; Scholastic; Simon & Schuster.
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 46, p5
The article offers publishing industry news briefs as of November 12, 2012, on topics including publisher Simon & Schuster's third-quarter 2012 earnings announcement, changes to publisher HarperCollins's distribution logistics, and a director change at publisher Quarto.
- S&S, Harper launch Spanish line for spring. Oder, Norman // Publishers Weekly;1/2/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the launching of Spanish imprints by Simon & Schuster for its nonfiction books and HarperCollins for its fiction, nonfiction and children's books. Views from company officials; Price; Marketing issues.
- Mixed Signals From Three Publishers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/11/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 19, p6
The article discusses how the first-quarter sales and revenue reports from the U.S. publishing trade houses HarperCollins Publishers LLC. (HC), Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH), and Simon & Schuster Inc. (S&S) in 2015 are sending mixed messages about the state of book publishing....
- Poor third quarter for Harper; more changes set. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/19/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 20, p13
Looks at the performance of HarperCollins (HC) which has undergone extensive restructuring in 1996. Announcement that the company is folding Basic Books and Harper Reference into the adult trade division; Figures released by the parent company, News Corp., showing that HC had a tough third...
- News exec. says no deal set for HC. // Publishers Weekly;8/4/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 32, p21
Reports on News Corp. executive Peter Chernin's communication with HarperCollins (HC) employees about a possible sale of HC to News Corp. Response to article in `Daily Variety' ; Absence of agreement; News Corp.'s expression of confidence in HC management.
- Latest Quarterly Results Erratic; Profits Flat or Down. // Book Publishing Report;May2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p10
The article offers information about the business activities of several publishers in 2007 and 2008 in the U.S. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 32 percent decline in its operating profit for the first quarter of 2008 and a 12 percent drop in the first quarter of 2007. HarperCollins...