CREACI�N Y EVOLUCI�N - ORIGEN, PRESENTE Y DESTINO: UN ESTUDIO EN CONTRASTE
- GENESIS ROCKS. Patterson, Joel // Transworld Skateboarding;Apr2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p12
Interprets several passages from the Book of Genesis in the Bible, which chronicles God's creation of the heavens and the earth. Views on the separation of light and darkness; Opinion on the creation of animals and plants; Concerns of biblical scholars.
- Genesis revisited. Shermer, Michael // Skeptic;1998, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p21
Presents the author's scientific view on the story of creation as depicted at the book of Genesis in the Bible. Information on the creation of Bing Bang.
- no contest - science and Genesis 1. Gordon, Dennis P. // New Zealand Science Teacher;2007, Issue 116, p9
The article focuses on the controversy surrounding the account of origins in Genesis 1 and the modern understanding of geology and biological evolution. It discusses the allegorical interpretation of creation in Genesis 1. It stresses that Genesis 1 is not an odds with modern geology and...
- CREATION BELIEF AND THE PARADIGM OF EMERGENT EVOLUTION. Klapwijk, Jacob // Philosophia Reformata;Jun2011, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p11
Renewed attention on Darwin over the last few years has not brought to a halt the clash between belief in creation and the theory of evolution. In Christian circles, too, opinions clash. In this article, the author sketches the diverse positions of creationism, Intelligent Design, and Theistic...
- The Impossible Wonderland. Martin, John // New Oxford Review;Nov2010, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p20
The article discusses the author's sentiments on the theories of evolution. The author is particular on the popularity of evolution as its origins have been debated in the field of science and based on doctrines in the Bible. Moreover, the author's discussion on the topic have dealt the...
- GENESIS AND ABORTION: AN EXEGETICAL TEST OF A BIBLICAL WARRANT IN ETHICS. Kurz, William S. // Theological Studies;Dec86, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p668
Explores the use of creation accounts in Genesis as foundation for ethical arguments on abortion. Critique of the United Prebysterian Church documents' arguments from Genesis which is based on its immediate context of the whole primeval history; Issues relevant to the question of abortion...
- On Genesis 2:24. Tosato, Angelo // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Jul90, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p389
Proposes to verify the validity of the interpretation of the biblical passage concerning the creation of man and woman in Genesis 2:23-24. Examination of the text and sense of the passage; Literary nature of Genesis 2:24; Etiology of the passage.
- Uma Breve Introdução ao Estudo do Pacto (II). Meister, Mauro F. // Fides Reformata;1999, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
In the first article on this subject the author presented an introduction to the doctrine of the covenants, its meaning and biblical basis (Fides Reformata 3/1). The present article follows the exposition of the first one, analyzing the continuity of the Covenant of Creation in the Covenant of...
- GENESIS 1 AND THE PRIESTLY AGENDA. Firmage, Edwin // Journal for the Study of the Old Testament;Mar1999, Issue 82, p97
Explores the possibility that the Priestly narrative of the creation in Genesis I was aimed at establishing the philosophical foundation of the Holiness Code by declaring that man is God's image and therefore has the potential to become holy. Explanations on the purpose of the story on creation...