Teledialysis: new service technology
- Rural Remedies. Lowen, Trout // Minnesota Medicine;Mar2012, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p14
The article offers information on the number of obstetricians working in Minnesota and overviews the need of medical facilities, equipments and services in the rural region. It is mentioned that due to lack of specialists and facilities, the physicians opt for telecommunication in medicine at...
- Rural healthcare delivery using a phone patch service in the teleconsultation program of the Ateneo de Zamboanga University School of Medicine in Western Mindanao, Philippines. Macrohon, B. C.; Cristobal, F. L. // Rural & Remote Health;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with rural healthcare delivery using a phone patch service in the teleconsultation program of the Ateneo de Zamboanga University School of Medicine in Western Mindanao, Philippines.
- Telemedicine in India: The Apollo Story. Ganapathy, Krishnan; Ravindra, Aditi // Telemedicine & e-Health;Jul2009, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p576
The challenges faced and the methods implemented by the Apollo Hospitals Group in introducing telemedicine in the Indian setting are discussed in this article. Using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to make available secondary and tertiary medical expertise to suburban and rural...
- NBN is top priority for bush. // Lamp;Jun2013, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p30
The article discusses the highlights of the national rural health conference held in 2013 and organised by the National Rural Health Alliance of 13 national bodies. Particular focus is given to the benefits of having a National Broadband Network for delivering high-speed broadband to rural and...
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Montague, Jim; Pitman, Hilarie // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;4/20/96, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the plans by rural health facilities to have telemedicine programs.
- A model for remote communities using store and forward telemedicine to reduce health care costs. Jong, Michael K.K. // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Winter2001, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p15
Features the Labrador Telemedicine Project in rural communities. Application of store and forward telemedicine technique; Reduction of health care costs; Cost of the system.
- NEW MEXICO RURAL TELEMEDICINE PROGRAM LOWERS COSTS. // Medical Economics;6/10/2011, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p21
The article reports that the Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes (ECHO) project in New Mexico, which uses telemedicine technology and care-based learning, has reduced costs for physicians and patients.
- Technology-Based Patient Consultations: Research Findings from Haematology Patients in Regional, Rural and Remote Queensland. McGrath, Pam // Patient;Apr2015, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p199
No abstract available.
- Articulating rural and remote practice. Sisson, Alison // Occupational Therapy Now;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses some of the ways in which occupational therapists can improve their rural and remote practices. An example of Whitehorse, in Yukon, Canada, a rural Canadian environment is described to better explain the kind of occupational therapy practice that is done. Rural and remote...