- Private muscle for hire. HUNT, TIM // Red Pepper Magazine;Oct/Nov2012, Issue 156, p27
The article features British/Danish-owned security service company G4S. The company has continued to grow despite reports of problems such as failure to fulfill contracts, and sexual misconduct. G4S, estimated to be worth 1 billion British pounds, carries out a host of security-based tasks for...
- G4S posts Â£100m-plus loss in wake of 2013 tagging woes. // FM World;3/27/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the loss of British multinational security services company G4S PLC worth Â£116 million in 2013 as compared to the Â£56 million in 2012 due to Â£11 million trading loss, Â£2 million restructuring costs and Â£103 million impairment.
- Benefits for Bob the security robot. Crawford, Robert // Employee Benefits;6/20/2014, p5
The article reports that security firm G4S is helping its guards by employing Bob the robot to support the team during its patrols. Bob's responsibilities include gathering information about the environment to detect movement, checking whether doors are closed and ensuring that desks are clear....
- COMPANY VITAE: G4S. // Management Today;Apr2012, p16
The article focuses on the security services company G4S. It states that the British company Securicor started out as Nightwatch Services in 1935 and merged with Group 4 Falcke in 2004 to become Group 4 Securicor and then G4S. It mentions G4S business is driven by public sector outsourcing which...
- G4S plc SWOT Analysis. // G4S Plc SWOT Analysis;9/ 1/2014, p1
A SWOT analysis of G4S plc is presented.
- Private prison industry spreads. Fletcher, Jay // Green Left Weekly;6/1/2011, Issue 881, p11
In this article, the author discusses the decision of the Western Australia Liberal government to terminate its prisoner transport contract with private security firm G4S. He indicates that the move was in response to the campaign against G4S PLC over the death of Aboriginal man, who died of...
- High crime hurting your business? Here's one creative solution. Santiago, Jaime // Caribbean Business;2/16/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the views of officials at the security firm G4S PLC on the need of collaboration between private security personnel and the Police Department for crime-prevention in Puerto Rico. G4S country manager Luis PagÃ¡n private security firm possesses critical expertise and...
- G4S provides essential information, awareness for crime prevention. DÍAZ, MARIO BELAVAL // Caribbean Business;3/28/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 11, pS14
The article profiles security solutions provider G4S PLC in Puerto Rico. It says that the company is committed to help its clients take effective measures to ensure their safety and the security of their properties. According to general manager Luis PagÃ¡n, the company's goal is to prevent...
- Osborne's choice. Hirst, Judy // Public Finance;Jul/Aug2013, Issue 7/8, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses Great Britain's hosting of the 2012 Olympics, highlighting the government's decision to hire G4S PLC, a private security solutions outsourcing group that failed to provide all security personnel for the games.