- Are you ready? // Food Manufacture;Oct2011, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p4
The article offers information on the new Agency Worker Regulations 2010. It states that the new regulations aim to secure that agency workers receive the right to similar basic working and employment conditions such as working time and salary like those in the equivalent permanent job directly...
- LABORAL Y SEGURIDAD SOCIAL. // Actualidad Juridica (1578-956X);2009, Issue 22, p147
No abstract available.
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Jun2010, p4
This section presents the schedule of some employment legislation introductions in Great Britain including the Civil Aviation Regulations on June 28, 2010, the Right to Make a Request in Relation to Study or Training on April 6. 2011, and Introduction of the Agency Workers Regulations on October...
- Weekly dilemma... rights of long-serving temps. Tynan, Roger // Personnel Today;3/25/2008, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on the rights of a long serving temporary worker.
- EU directive set to change face of fixed-term employment contracts. Sinclair, Diane // People Management;3/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p12
Reports on public consultation launched by the United Kingdom government on the implementation of the European Union's directive to ensure that temporary employees receive equal treatment to that accorded to permanent employees. Limitation of the directive; Flexibility sought by the Chartered...
- Employment Agencies Proposed new Code will Protect Jobseekers' Privacy. Moloney, Ray; Falvey, Kieran // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2007, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p86
The article reports on a proposed legislation that is aimed to protect the privacy of any individual seeking employment in Ireland. It provides for the creation of a new statutory Code of Practice for recruitment agencies and the establishment of a monitoring committee to oversee the functions...
- CHAPTER 11: EMPLOYMENT. Dougherty, Neil S.; Goldberger, Alan S.; Carpenter, Linda Jean // Sport, Physical Activity & the Law (2nd ed.);2002, p125
Discusses issues related to employment practice policies in the U.S. Differences, advantages and disadvantages of independent contractors and employees; Description of the topic of workers' compensation and its application or lack of application to employees, independent contractors and...
- All over for IR35? Lagerberg, Francesca // Accountancy;May2006, Vol. 137 Issue 1353, p100
This article reports on possible changes in British tax law IR35. Several lawsuits brought in the U.K. have tested the provision of the law that states that employees working for a corporation, but nominally in the employ of an employment agency, can have the status of an employee of the firm....
- Flexibility under fire. Barrow, Kevin // Employers Law;May2003, p24
Discusses the threat to the flexibility of temporary workers in Great Britain. Legislative and judicial challenges faced by the business model; Information on the Temporary (Agency) Workers Directive; Other legislation affecting temporary employees and contractors.