HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Occupational health guidelines for mental disorders and stress-related complaints, a challenge for occupational health. Hulshof, Carel T. J. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;May2015, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p311
The article discusses research being done on occupational health (OH) and diseases. It references the study "An International Comparison of Occupational Health Guidelines for the Management of Mental Disorders and Stress-related Psychological Complaints," by M. C. W. Joosen et al. published in...
- Trauma at Buffalo Creek. Erikson, Kai T. // Society;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p153
This article discusses the impact of the Buffalo Creek, West Virginia flood on February 26, 1972 on the survivors. The sudden collapse of the massive refuse pile dam of Pittston Co. unleashed 132 million gallons of water and coal waste materials on the unsuspecting residents of Buffalo Creek....
- Registration of work-related diseases, injuries, and complaints in Aruba, Bonaire, and CuraÃ§ao. Spreeuwers, Dick; Strikwerda, Dagmar C.; Weel, Andre N. H. // Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica;Feb2012, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p109
Objective. To estimate the incidence of work-related diseases, injuries, and complaints in Aruba, Bonaire, and CuraÃ§ao and to identify some next steps in the prevention process. Methods. All of the three countries' 18 occupational health specialists were asked to participate; 100% agreed to...
- NAOSH 2001 puts the focus on prevention. // Saskatchewan Sage;May2001, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p15
Features the occupational health and safety congress in Saskatchewan. Concern over the reduction of industrial injuries; Integration of safety and health in all work practices; Prevention awareness activities discussed in the event.
- Injury and illness data. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan87, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p118
Presents occupational injury and illness data in the United States, recent as of January 1987.
- Occupational Injuries and Illnesses and Work-related Fatalities Technical Note. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Fall99, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p108
Discusses about programs of the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics which help prevent job-related injuries and illnesses and lessen the severity of those that occur. Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses (SOIL); Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI); Summary tables released...
- Occupational Injuries and Illness and Work-related Fatalities Technical Note. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Fall2001, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p91
Relates the result of the 1999 Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses and the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries in the U.S. Survey design; Methods in data gathering.
- Incidence of injuries with days away from work edged down in 2000. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Jan2002, pN.PAG
Highlights the decline in the rate for workplace injury and illness cases with days away from work in the U.S. in 2000. Incidence rate of injury and illness cases in 1990; Proportion of reported injuries in 2000 that were lost workday cases.
- Injuries Down But Costs Continue To Rise. McDonald, Caroline // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/3/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 44, p30
Reports on the increasing costs related to workplace injuries despite the decline in serious injuries in the U.S. Causes of injuries; Indication that the frequency of work-related injuries decline by 6 percent; Higher injury costs due to the increase in treatment and more expensive kinds of...