LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- The briefing. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/4/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4593, p34
The article offers news briefs in Great Britain. The report of the Office for National Statistics states that the number of the migrants applying for a job in Great Britain is nearly halved in the year to June 2009 from 199,000 to 116,000. It mentions that the restrictions on funding for over-25...
- On the buses: teenagers join forces to get their old school wagon back on the road. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;10/4/2011, p36
The article offers Great Britain news brief related to teenagers restoring their old school bus, and an experience of an engineering student Charlie Valie related to his studies and course. The article also provides information related to youth getting embarrassed because of their dressing...
- A (SAFE) CONTRACT FOR AN APPRENTICE. // British Baker;7/27/2012, following p20
The article offers information regarding the new regulations for an apprenticeship agreement at Great Britain which are designed to enhance the vocational skills of teenagers.
- SKILLS FOR GROWTH. // Professional Manager;Jan2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p17
The article informs that new skills strategy of Great Britain is expected to create 35,000 new apprenticeship in 2013 that includes a new target to get 75 per cent of the population of the nation to go through university or advanced vocational training by the age of 30.
- IS SKILLS TRAINING GOOD FOR YOU? Jordan, Steve; Jackson, Nancy // Adults Learning;Jan2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p14
Challenges the promises by governments across industrialized world about the contribution of vocational education and skills training to prosperity in the global economy of the twenty-first century. Overview of the Modern Apprenticeships program launched by the New Zealand Labour government;...
- Apprenticeships are a win-win. CRAIG, JAMES W.; COPADIS, GEORGE // New Hampshire Business Review;11/27/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p23
The article reports on the benefits of Apprenticeship USA system to construction workers and other skilled trade jobs in New Hampshire, wherein it provides job opportunities and trainings on skills and knowledge for health care, manufacturing and transportation industries.
- Table talk. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/28/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4215, p19
Presents news briefs in Great Britain as of March 28, 2002. Actions taken by Madonna on her security guard who left her London, England home unguarded to sneak out for a curry; Theme of the Hospital Caterers Association conference in Cardiff, Wales; Role of whisky in the longevity of Anne Tracey...
- IN BRIEF. // Pulse;11/24/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 36, p11
The article offers news briefs in Great Britain including the slow out-of-hours services in assessing patients, the key factors in the failure of improving outcomes for cancer patients, and the view of chief executive Sir David Nicholson on the National Health Service (NHS) managers who does not...
- AMANDA platell. // New Statesman;2/11/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4574, p24
Discusses various issues in Great Britain as of February 2001 which are important to politicians. Observed changes in Gordon Brown's character; Reason for the growing popularity of radio; Comments from Tessa Jowell, the British secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, on British...