- INO opts out of ICTU vote on Towards 2016. // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Oct2006, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that the new social program named Toward 2016 is to be considered by the Irish Nurses Organisation's (INO) Executive Council in conjunction with any recommendations which issue from the Labor Court in Ireland. In September 2006, the INO Special Delegate Conference took the...
- More information provided to Labour Court as extent of management pay bonanza revealed. // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Oct2006, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that the Irish Nurses Organisation and the Psychiatric Nurses Association have supplied comprehensive explanation and detail as to why the Labor Court of Ireland must reject the employer's argument that the claims cannot be heard outside of the context of benchmarking. This...
- Proposals... and ENACTMENTS. // Labor Law Journal;Apr53, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p295
Cites proposals and enactments of U.S. labor laws. Proposition by Representative Kearn on the expansion of the size of the National Labor Relations Board to nine members; Bid for the equalization of the stature of the court of labor appeals with the U.S. courts of appeals by Senator Humphrey;...
- Professionals' Reaction to Tribunal Changes. // Management Services;Oct89, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p40
This article reports on the organization Institute of Professional Management's (IPM) reaction to industrial tribunal changes by the Department of Employment (DoE). The IPM gave a guarded welcome to the proposal to include breach of employment cases. The IPM told the DoE that it had always...
- More power for industrial tribunals. // Accountancy;Apr90, Vol. 105 Issue 1160, p54
Discusses the power of industrial tribunals to settle claims for relevant damages while dealing with complaints in Great Britain. Provisions of 1978 Employment Protection Act; Conditions that should be satisfied before industrial tribunals can consider a claim.
- Slimeline industrial and employment appeal tribunals. // Accountancy;Nov92, Vol. 110 Issue 1191, p104
Reports that streamlined procedures designed to speed up proceedings in certain types of cases heard by industrial and employment appeal tribunals are contained in the Employment Bill to be introduced in Great Britain in 1992.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;6/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p63
Presents updates on the organization Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development as of June 27, 2002. Plan to launch an online learner support Internet site; Highlights of the annual employment law conference; Online information on the professional standards designed by the organization.
- The XpertHR weekly podcastï¿½. // Employers Law;Feb2012, p6
The article discusses tribunal hearings and their implications for employment law including one with pay expert Kate Upcraft on the British government's pension auto-enrolment reforms and another with law expert Darren Newman on protected conversations, employment tribunal fees and no-fault...
- Breaches behind closed doors. Aikin, Olga // People Management;6/8/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p21
Discusses information on employment tribunals in Great Britain. Components of a tribunal; Provisions of the Employment Tribunals Act of 1996; Role of the chairman of a tribunal; Details on three cases involving employees.