A big one for British Steel
- Shake out at steel firm. // Professional Engineering;06/09/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p7
Reports that British Steel Distribution has prevented its new precision laser cutter from being affected by vibration from other plant and machinery by isolating the foundations to create a free standing raft. Project as part of Industrial Noise and Vibration's project to reduce noise and...
- News. // Professional Engineering;07/23/97, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p5
Reports on British Steel PLC's plan to spend around three million pounds on a fourth vacuum arc remelting furnace at its aerospace steels site in Sheffield, England. Company's effort to increase its production of steels for aircraft landing parts.
- Hot news. // Professional Engineering;01/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p7
Discloses the awarding of a contract to Kvaerner Davy for an interstand water curtain in British Steel's Port Talbot hot strip mill.
- British steel rolls ahead. Moffat, Brian // Management Today;Jun95, p42
Talks about British Steel's goal to become a world-class steel company. Management strategy; Shift in mind-set from production to market-led; Tight target on capital expenditure; Strong balance sheet; Exploration of Asian and Pacific markets; Focus on product and process improvement.
- Strictly for the sophisticated. // Accountancy;Nov88, Vol. 102 Issue 1143, p34
Reports that the British government hopes to raise about 2.5 billion pounds from the privatization of British Steel PLC.
- Steel helps define the future of car bodies. Wilson, David // Design Engineering;Oct95, p25
Reports that a consortium of the world's leading steel companies including Great Britain-based British Steel will be investing over $20 million for the development of the Ultralight Steel Auto Body project. Features of the steel-bodied car structure; Defining the basic package of the vehicle;...
- The squeeze is on. Lorenz, Andrew // Management Today;Aug1997, p35
Presents information on British Steel, a steel manufacturer in Great Britain. Decrease in the company's pre-tax profits; Restructuring which is underway at the company; Effects the surging pound has on the manufacturing industry; Vulnerability of the company; Details on the company; Company's...
- Steel rewrites the rules. Greek, Dinah // Professional Engineering;07/09/97, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p19
Features British Steel PLC's development of double skinned composites for construction systems. Use of the bi-steel system for military applications; Advantages of double skinned panels; Study conducted by the company on the technology's market potential. INSET: The system that cuts...
- Engineering. // Accountancy;Dec1995, Vol. 116 Issue 1228, p28
Announces an increase in profits gained by British Steel for the semester through September 30, 1995.