- Ideal & Real. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Dec2000, Vol. 112 Issue 12, p8
Comments on the reluctance of automobile manufacturers to use different technology applications. Reason behind the disinterest of manufacturers to technology applications; Implications of such attitude.
- Stock watch. // Automotive News;9/10/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5947, p45
Presents a chart on Automotive Stock Watch. Manufacturers of automotive stock watch; Details of automotive top 100 suppliers to North America; List of automotive companies involve in the ranking.
- Cross Channel links. Baldwin, Nick // Automotive Engineer;Apr2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p112
Focuses on the Hotchkiss advertisement related to automotive in Europe. Usability of the advertisement; Operation of Austin of export tractors to England; Relationship between French and British businessmen.
- U.S. paradise turns sour for Japan. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;12/6/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5529, p1
Focuses on the economic conditions of Japanese automakers in the United States. Termination of top American executives in Mazda and Nissan; Reorganization as the trend; American automakers' price advantage over the Japanese; Japanese inability to react promptly in a recession-wracked market as...
- Entrepreneur hopes to jump-start Third-World economies. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p10a
Profiles Will Austin, entrepreneur. Career history; Contributions in the automobile industry; Educational background.
- From small biz to big wheel. Krebs, Michelle // Crain's Detroit Business;7/2/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p8
Traces the historical development of the automobile industry of Detroit, Michigan. Businessmen who played a key role in the rise of automotive industries in Detroit; Social and economic impact of the automobile on the lives of consumers; Key role played by the automotive industries during...
- All-Stars. // Automotive News;7/6/2009, Vol. 83 Issue 6367, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including, one article on business leaders who have triumphed when the automobile industry has faced tough times, one article profiling the executives who have performed well in the automobile industry of Europe, and one article on...
- Gianni Lancia 1924-2014. // Octane;Sep2014, Issue 135, p24
An obituary for Italian automobile industry magnate Gianni Lancia is presented.
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. Banks, Cliff // Ward's Dealer Business;Jul2003, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p22
Profiles New England-based automotive dealer group, Herb Chambers Cos.' owner, Herbert Chambers. Career history; Business philosophy; Reasons behind the success of Chambers' automobile dealership business; Annual revenue of Chambers' firm. INSET: "Some how, some way, you get it done".