A Nonverbal Discourse Analysis of Gender in Undergraduate Educational Gymnastics Sequences Using Laban Effort Analysis
- SEX. Woods, Stacey Grenrock // Esquire;Jul2007, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p54
The article presents questions and answers related to sex. One person asks if he can get credit for inventing a new sexual position. Another asks whether there are benefits to sex other than happiness. A reader asks whether he should be worried about his testicles being attacked by cell phones,...
- Gymnast coaching. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Jan/Feb85, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p51
Bela Karolyi produces Olympic champions. How does it happen? Here is an inside look at the man, his students, their parents, his choreographer and his famed gymnastics center in Houston.
- The good ol' vault catch. Conner, Bart // International Gymnast;Aug/Sep93, Vol. 35 Issue 8/9, p64
Provides instructions on how to execute a move that is part of the high bar compulsory (Class I and Elite), the vault catch.
- Stepping out with sty-y-yle. Comaneci, Nadia // International Gymnast;Aug/Sep93, Vol. 35 Issue 8/9, p65
Provides instructions on how to perform a front handspring as required by the floor compulsory. Front handspring vault; Preparation and practice of the move.
- Stick it! Comaneci, Nadia // International Gymnast;Oct93, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p53
Describes of the correct way to land during dismounts. Correct posture; Helpful hints.
- Bolivia. Holt, Jim // International Gymnast;Aug/Sep94, Vol. 36 Issue 8/9, p54
Reports on gymnast instruction in Bolivia. Problems of participants; Development of gymnastic.
- The red flags of over-training. Dwyer, Ed; Silbiger, Dana // Shape;Apr96, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p122
Reports on risks taken by women who overtrain and are obsessive about gymnastics. Bad habits of gymnasts; Experiences of Nancy Theis Marshall, vice chair for women at United States Gymnastics.
- Homework and gymnastics. Feeney, Rik // International Gymnast;Feb94, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p38
Presents homework and study hints for aspiring gymnasts. Doing homework as soon as possible; Keeping distractions to a minimum; Places to do homework; Study techniques; Time management.
- Spring kids' tumbling classes begin at LPCA. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/10/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 86, pA3
The article announces that the Lake Placid Center for the Arts will be hosting tumbling classes beginning April 15, 2010 in New York.