Passion For Hockey Secures Major Deal In Hong Kong
- Nortel wins GSM contracts in China. // RCR;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p46
Reports the awarding of contracts to Nortel Networks to build or expand Global System for Mobile communications network in China for the year 2001.
- BellSouth signs Nortel to $200M GSM equipment deal. // RCR;06/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p35
Reports on the multi-year, multimillion-dollar equipment and services agreement signed by BellSouth Mobility DCS with Nortel Networks Corp. to expand its Global System for Mobile communications network in the southeastern United States.
- HSOPA: The Next Step For GSM? Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p12
Looks at the plans of Nortel Networks for launching the high speed orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) packet access technology. Significance of the technology in the marketing strategy of Nortel; Advantages of deploying high-speed downlink packet access and high-speed uplink...
- Nortel, Qualcomm test UMTS voice and data at 1.9 GHz. // RCR Wireless News;10/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the successful test of a universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS) voice and data call across commercial cell sites by Nortel Networks Ltd. and Qualcomm Inc. Features of the test; Significance of the test to the North American market; Completion of a UMTS-to-global system for...
- Nortel Nabs VoiceStream Contract. // Wireless Week;10/1/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p26
Reports on the partnership between VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and the Nortel company for next generation global system for mobile upgrades. Coverage of the partnership contract; Previous partnership of the two companies.
- Nortel wins China GSM-R contract. // RCR Wireless News;3/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the selection of Nortel Networks Ltd. to provide a digital wireless communications network for the Qinghai-Tibet Railway by the Ministry of Railways in China. Advantage of the global system for mobile communications for railways technology to the country.
- Nortel inks GSM contract for Chinese railways. // RCR Wireless News;3/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the contract signed by Nortel Networks Ltd. to provide global system for Mobile Communication networks for the China Ministry of Railways on the Quinghai-Tibet Railway.
- European rails use GSM-R to communicate safely. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;6/21/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p21
Reports on the deployment of Global System for Mobile Communications-Railway (GSM-R) service in Europe which enables railroad staff to use wireless telephony to communicate while inside the trains. Countries that are deploying the technology; Total value of the contracts that have been awarded...
- Nortel signs GSM/GPRS contract in Siberia. // RCR Wireless News;9/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p22
Reports on a contract won by Nortel Networks Ltd. to provide the wireless network of BaykalWestcom with global system for mobile communications and general packet radio service equipment and services across portions of Siberia. Advantage of the network upgrades to BaykalWestcom.