Treading On Virgin Territory
- Sprint PCS, Virgin crawl to alliance. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on a brief issued by Sprint PCS confirming that Sprint and Virgin Mobile were in merger discussions, but no definitive agreement had been reached. Details on Virgin Mobile; Reason of Virgin Mobile in considering Sprint's network according to Jane Zweig, chief executive officer of The...
- Calling On The Youth Market. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;7/2/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p16
Ponders on the impact of the partnership of Sprint PCS with Virgin Mobile. Terms of the deal; Virgin's target market in the United States; Information on the small business service of Virgin.
- Virgin Mobile Looks For A Revolution. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p6
Announces the plan of Virgin Mobile and Sprint PCS to launch a U.S. virtual wireless network in 2002. Implications of the move to the industry and consumers; Terms of agreement; Details of the mobile virtual network operator initiative of Sprint PCS.
- Wireless Firms Step Up Calls to Teen Market. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;9/23/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p10
Deals with the shift of advertising focus by U.S. wireless firms on teens. Partnership between Sprint PCS with Virgin Mobile to launch an advertisement aimed at teens; Information on the advertisement launched by Boost Mobile; Move taken by Cingular to tap the teen market.
- Boost Mobile kits the street with branded retail outlets. // RCR Wireless News;5/26/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p20
The article reports that Boost Mobile LLC is hoping to increase sales with a line of new retail stores. As reported, the Sprint Nextel Corp. division has opened outlets in Hialeah, Florida, Huntington, California, and Houston, Texas offering customers an opportunity to explore Boost's offerings....
- Will There Be An Auto-pilot? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the deal signed by Sprint PCS with Ford Motor Corp. to put the carrier's Motorola StarTAC handsets in some model-year 2001 Lincolns. Features of the handsets; Why car manufacturers are interested in building wireless communications into their cars.
- Sprint PCS, VoiceStream entertain swap. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p34
Reports the possible deal between Sprint PCS and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Terms of the deal.
- Amdocs signs agreement with Sprint PCS. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p42
Reports the agreement signed by Amdocs with Spring PCS. Terms of the deal.
- Sprint Forms Special Committ ee to Eye Dish Proposal. // Multichannel News;4/29/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p24
The article announces that Sprint Nextel Corp. has formed a committee of independent directors to evaluate a 25.5 billion U.S. dollars offer that it received from Dish Network Corp.