- Illuminet finishes portability testing. // RCR;10/27/97, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p38
Reports that the service provider testing necessary to connect to Lockheed Martin's Number Portability Administration Center in the mid-Atlantic region, has been completed by Illuminet. Significance of the completion of the testing; Offering of telecommunications carriers by Illuminet; Comments...
- PASS THE BUCK. Parthenios, Amalia D. // Telephony;1/7/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 1, p43
Evaluates Illuminet's Internet Offload Signaling Service. Features of the service; Mechanism of the service; Appeal of the service to customers.
- Illuminet aims for $56M-$65M in IPO. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;10/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p21
Reports on Illuminet Inc.'s plans for an initial public offering in the United States. Stock prices; Use of proceeds from the offering; Market for Illuminet's telecommunication services; Major customers.
- BELL CANADA READIES LAUNCH OF COMMERCIAL VoIP SERVICE. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;6/21/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p16
Reports on the plan of Bell Canada Inc. to launch voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services across Canada. Remarks from Paul Rowe, vice president of enterprise marketing for Bell Canada, regarding the matter; Explanation concerning the approach used by Bell Canada to VoIP; Intention of Bell...
- KEEPING IT REAL. Johnson, Bruce; Bonner, David // Telephony;12/11/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 24, p128
Focuses on the advantages being provided by real-time, high-visibility operations support system to service provider Illuminet. Factors which contributed to the complexity of the telecommunication environment; Reasons that prompted service providers to migrate to SS7; Features of Agilent...
- Media watch. // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 20 Issue 123, p12
Discusses the problems of outdated communication services in the rural areas of Ontario, Canada with a view to Bell Canada's plans to increase rural telephone rates.
- Building the new on the bones of the old. Bradner, Scott // Network World;4/21/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p26
Comments on Bell Canada's technology trial that will turn old pay phones into access points for Internet infrastructure. Key features of free Internet access through converted pay phones; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on enterprise applications.
- Info alert. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the outlook for Bell Canada Inc.'s network company, NATCO, in the Canadian telecommunications industry. Competitors of the company; Plans in presenting the company at the Inter Comm 1999 Congress and Exhibition in British Columbia.
- Logica Launches Global Interconnect Network For SMS. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the two intercarrier messaging solutions aimed at making it possible for wireless subscribers around the globe to send short text messages to each other regardless of their service provider. Solution from Great Britain-based Logica plc; Solution from MobileSpring Inc. under a...