Churn Talks: Educating The Carrier
- ASPs: 2 Models that Work. Stockberger, Lisa // Customer Interface;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p40
Discusses the benefits provided by application service providers (ASP) that provide Web-native applications to customer service businesses. Advantages of a platform that sends personalized notifications to customers; Provision of hosted applications to various industries; Factors influencing...
- Application service providers. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p40
Reports the service management of application service providers to online customers in Michigan. Distribution of software-based services to customers; Installation and upgrading of software; Provision of information technology support staff.
- Customers want...alphabet soup? Taylor, Bart; Taylor, Dan // Communications News;Nov2000, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p108
Focuses on the group of companies that are offering managed services with different concepts for enterprise applications. Information on application infrastructure providers; Task of management services providers; Importance of application performance management to services.
- Bringing service providers up to speed. Howland, Heather // Lightwave;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p253
Reports on the efforts of application service providers to make profits and improve customer satisfaction through offers of value-added services and instant provisioning of these services. Customer expectations for instant provisioning; Challenges faced by the providers; Examples of value-added...
- ASPs Round 2: Faster, Better, Cheaper. Simon, Sidney H. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/12/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 46, p69
Reports on the restructuring of application service providers (ASP) in the United States in 2001. Description of the first ASPs; Implication of the ASP delivery models for small and medium-sized businesses; Guidelines for evaluating ASP and the solutions they provide.
- Can ASPs bite back? DeZoysa, Sanjima // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p30
Discusses the question on whether application service providers would meet industry expectations in Great Britain. Way for businesses to use applications and services without having to buy and run them in-house; Market drivers; Negative forces such as the high cost of Internet access; Need to...
- SITESEEING. // Global Telephony;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p14
Reports developments on the telecommunications industry as of November 2001. Benefits of online exchange; Services of the application service provider; Launch of corporate Web site.
- ME.NET REACHES ONE MILLION USAGE MINUTES. // Tele-Service News;Dec2000, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p8
Reports that ME.net, a unified communications service, has announced that users of its Web-based communications solutions have racked up their first million minutes in Web-enhanced calls.
- The ASP Opportunity Blossoms. Madathil, Gopan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p97
Reports on the additional benefits for telecommunication companies of becoming an application service provider (ASP) or managed services provider (MSP). Key components of an ASP or MSP ecosystem; ASP's provision of leased applications to another company; Indicators of a good ASP or MSP candidate.