Iridium Continues To Haunt Motorola
- Motorola ordered to pay Chase $300M. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p18
Reports that a United States District Court Judge has ordered Motorola Inc. to pay millions of dollars to Chase Manhattan Bank to satisfy part of loan the bank made for Iridium LLC. How Motorola got involved in the case; Implication of Chase's assertions; Lawsuits that are still pending against...
- Chase pressures Iridium on Motorola $300m guarantee. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p17
Discloses that Chase Manhattan Bank, one of Iridium LLC's main lenders, has asked Iridium to demand that Motorola Inc. provides a guarantee of $300 million under Iridium's $800 million secured credit facility. Chase's claim that Iridium defaulted on its $800 million secured credit loan, $300...
- Motorola joins syndication parade with $1.5B credit led by Chase. Goodwin, William // American Banker;9/8/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 173, p20
Reports on Motorola's initial entry into the loan syndication market as it consolidates various credit lines into one facility. Chase Manhattan Bank's responsibility of arranging the credit; Motorola's previous negotiation of its credit lines on individual basis with its relationship banks; Two...
- Motorola Settles Chase Manhattan-Iridium Suit. // Electronic News;3/10/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 10, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of Motorola Inc. to settle the lawsuits from Chase Manhattan Bank filed against the Iridium LLC. Payment of Motorola; Operation of Iridium.
- Motorola unveils new satcom plan. Anselmo, Joseph C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/16/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 12, p35
Discusses Motorola's proposed M-Star low-Earth orbit satellite system. What it is designed to do; The US Federal Communications Commission's consideration of proposals to use certain portions of the radio spectrum; The number and size of the satellites that would make up M-Star; Other Motorola...
- A new niche. Saunders, Renee // Telephony;10/07/96, Vol. 231 Issue 15, p77
Focuses on Motorola's M-Star satellite system. Local area network connectivity; Backhaul services for cellular and personal communications services; Global connectivity; Transport service; Funds for financing the project.
- Motorola expands scope of huge satellite project. Anselmo, Joseph C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/4/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the expansion of Motorola's Celestri satellite network. The application for five additional geosynchronous slots from the United States Federal Communications Commission; Key features of the Celestri network; The incorporation of the Millennium and M-Star projects; Motorola's Iridium...
- Up link. Boyer, William H.; J.M.G. // Satellite Communications;Jul97, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the plan by officials for the Motorola-led Iridium global satellite communications system, to have 17 spacecraft in orbit by July 1997. Launching with Russian and American rockets; Dates of launches of satellites.
- Iridium consortium launches five LEOs. // RCR;08/25/97, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p25
Reports that the Iridium consortium, led by Motorola Incorporated, announced the successful launch of a Boeing-built Delta II rocket carrying five low-earth orbit satellites. Where the system was launched; Number of planned satellites the consortium has in orbit for the personal communications...