Consumers Union Renews Call To FCC For Improved Service
- PTA bans cordless phones as it disrupt 3G frequencies. // Flare (Pakistan);Aug2015, p65
The article reports on the actions of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) on running a drive to ban the use of cordless phones, following the disruption it caused to 3G telecommunication services within the vicinity.
- PTA straps vendors of barred DECT Cordless Phones. // Technology Times;8/17/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p4
The article reports that the vendors of the blocked Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) Cordless phones were strapped by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) by conducting market raids.
- AvantGo offers Consumer Reports information. // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p36
Reports that AvantGo Inc. announced a service which offers buying advice from consumer reports on personal digital assistants in the United States as of April 2001. Condition of the agreement between AvantGo and Consumers Union, publisher of the reports; Advantages of the mobile consumer...
- Consumers' Union and EPIE Offer software evaluations. // Library Journal;8/1/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 14, p1416
Reports that the Consumers' Union and the Educational Products Information Exchange institute are collaborating to pressure computer manufacturers to improve their products and customer services and to be more responsive to the needs of the consumer.
- "CONSUMER REPORTS TO GO" GOING MOBILE WITH AVANTGO. // Telephone IP News;May2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, pN.PAG
Reports on the Consumer Reports to Go product review service for personal digital assistants and smart phones from AvantGo Inc. and Consumers Union as of May 2001. People who can use the product review service; Comment from John Sateja, vice president of New Media at Consumers Union; Cost of...
- Mobile Payments May Pose Fraud Threat, Consumer Advocacy Group Warns. Fitzgerald, Kate // CardLine;8/27/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 35, p22
The article reports on an announcement by the Consumers Union regarding consumers' risk for fraud due to several unregulated new mobile-payment services in the U.S. It is stated that to ensure consumer protcetion during the usage of any of the emerging services, the organization is urging...
- Consumers Union Criticizes Fees, But One Executive Cites Progress. Hernandez, Will // ATM & Debit News;8/20/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 38, p1
The article reports that Consumers Union of United States has criticized the multiple fees in the U.S. associated with the prepaid card industry. Meanwhile, Jerry Welch of nFinanSe Inc. points out that the fees responded to consumer needs. Michelle Jun of Consumers Union states that web sites of...
- Where products are put to the test. Humphries, Stephen // Christian Science Monitor;12/26/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 22, p19
Discusses the mission of Consumers Union (CU), the organization which publishes the magazine 'Consumer Reports.' Tests conducted at the laboratories of CU; Number of readers; Importance of the organization and the public service it performs; Methodology and the measures taken to ensure that its...
- Learn what eco-labels really mean. // Consumer Reports;Feb2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p7
Provides information on the plan of Consumers Union (CU) to unveil a web site which will provide consumers with information on labels which indicate that a product was produced in an environmentally responsible manner. Difference between various labels; Opinion of CU on the nature of such...