Mobile Entertainment Developers: They Got Game, Too
- Avoiding a bloody end to the mobile gamin revolution. Munford, Paul // New Media Age;1/30/2003, p34
Comments on the increasing popularity of mobile games in Great Britain. Number of users who signed up for Vodafone Live! since its launch in November 2002; Value of the global market for wireless games in 2006.
- Let's make some deals. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the deals signed by mobile games developer and marketer Indiqu Inc. to expand coverage and improve its game offerings worldwide. Use of the proprietary technology platform quServe in the project; Features of the Mobile Entertainment Network; Terms of the agreement with Telus Mobility.
- Mobile mayhem. Fitchard, Kevin // Wireless Review;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p12
Features the N-Gage mobile gaming deck from Nokia, built upon the Symbian operating system. Significance of the plan of Nokia to include Bluetooth in the mobile; Information on a deal of Nokia with Sega company; Background of Nokia.
- VANS SKATE AND SLAM FEATURING GEOFF ROWLEY. Sentianin, Eric // Transworld Skateboarding;May2005, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p214
Reviews the mobile-phone game Vans Skate and Slam Featuring Geoff Rowley from Gameloft.
- SNAP MOBILE GAMES GO LIVE IN GERMANY. // Multimedia Publisher;Oct2007, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that SNAP Mobile Games will be available in Germany in the fall of 2007, according to Nokia. The launch of the SNAP Mobile Games will include SNAP Mobile's flagship games of Pocket Party titles such as JellyPop and Sudoku which is already available in Asia Pacific and North...
- Metrics. // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p34
The article presents an analysis of mobile gaming in the U.S. According to a study from IDC, mobile gaming in the U.S. will grow more than 16 percent annually during the next four years, reaching nearly 50 million users by 2010. A separate study from iSuppli Corp. predicts the worldwide base of...
- GoldPocket Makes Play For Wireless Gamers. Brown, Karen // Wireless Week;4/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on the wireless and mobile network applications for games. Description of the technology used for the content download service of Verizon Wireless; Functions of the EventMatrix system from GoldPocket; Focus given by carriers on entertainment applications.
- (X Marks the Spot.) So Y Are Games Targeted at Men? McAteer, Seamus // Wireless Review;Jun2005, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p26
Offers a look at consumption trends in downloading mobile games in the U.S. as of June 25, 2005. Results of a survey conducted by M:Metrics on downloading patterns in men and women; Information on the mobile gaming sector; Comparison between the consumer behavior towards mobile games and...
- Mobile gaming: the quest for critical mass. Chau, Fiona // Wireless Asia;May2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the growth in popularity of mobile games across the Asia Pacific. Contribution of mobile gaming to mobile operator data revenues; Estimated mobile game uptake in Asia by game format; Increase in the number of multiplayer/networked game subscribers by 2008; Factors needed to attain...