Flarion Pushes Forward On Flash-OFDM
- HANARO TO CONDUCT KOREAN TRIAL OF FLARION WIRELESS BROADBAND. // Worldwide Telecom;Feb2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the administration of a field trial of the flash-OFDM wireless broadband system from Flarion Technologies in February 2003.
- Flarion demonstrates broadband technology. // RCR Wireless News;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p67
Reports on the broadband technology demonstrated by Flarion Technologies. Features of the Cell-on-Light-Truck technology; Areas covered by the demonstration of Flarion.
- WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY PROVIDER TRIES TO FORGE NEW MARKET. Rombel, Adam // Global Finance;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
Relates the efforts of New Jersey-based Flarion Technology to forge a new market for mobile wireless broadband data service. Flash OFDM technology developed by the company; Speed and reliability of the technology in a wide area network environment; Trial agreements made with six...
- Flarion, IPWireless fight for turf in new tech battle. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p13
Reports on the competition between IPWireless Inc. and Flarion Technologies Inc. to offer high-speed, mobile broadband service in the U.S. Advantages of IPWireless over Flarion; Information on the Flash-OFDM technology offered by Flarion; Plans of Flarion to license its technologies; Views of...
- Flarion touts Flash-OFDM speeds. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;1/2/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p7
This article reports on the predictions of Flarion Technologies for its Flash-Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (Flash-OFDM) technology in its Trains, Planes and Automobiles white paper as of January 2006. Flarion claims its own Flash-OFDM technology can help speed the transformation of...
- Nextel to offer commercial OFDM service. // RCR Wireless News;4/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the decision of Nextel Communications Inc. to offer the Nextel Wireless Broadband service developed by Flarion Technologies. Expansion of the company's wireless broadband network trial; Price range of the service; Features of the plan package offered by the company.
- Qualcomm buys OFDM firm. // Electronics Weekly;8/17/2005, Issue 2206, p1
This article reports that Qualcomm Inc. has agreed to pay $600m to acquire Flarion Technologies, the U.S. inventor of Flash-OFDM mobile broadband technology and a developer of OFDMA technology.
- Broadband at the border. O'Shea, Dan // Wireless Review;Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p8
Deals with the demonstration of orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM), the mobile broadband technology of Flarion Technologies presented at the 2003 International Wireless Symposium in San Diego, California. Claims of Flarion regarding OFDM; Movie used to test the signal of OFDM;...
- Flarion. Gubbins, Ed // Wireless Review;Jun2004, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p42
Discusses issues surrounding the expansion of the technology trial of Flash-OFDM broadband wireless system from Flarion and its launch as a commercial network by Nextel Communications in Raleigh, North Carolina, in April 2004. Capacity of the broadband technology of Flarion; Implications of the...