Motient Files For Chapter 11
- Motient to Reorganize Under Chapter 11 Process. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article reports on a voluntary reorganization plan filed by two-way wireless data network provider Motient Corporation with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in December 2006. The company reported $238 million in assets against $495 million in debts, defaulted on...
- Motient's Reorganization Plan Progresses. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the proposed reorganization plan of Motient Corp. Agreements entered by Motient with its note holders; Corporate debt of Motient; Services offered by the company.
- Motient Misses a Coupon, but Still Meanders. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/22/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p1
Announces the failure of Motient Corp. to handle bankruptcy in 2001. Amount of coupon missed by Motient on its tranche of senior notes due in April 2008; Details on the trading of Motient's bonds; Services offered by the company.
- Motient files bankruptcy. // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p18
Deals with the plan of wireless data carrier Motient Corp. to restructure its debt under a Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan the company filed in Virginia. Status of Motient's wireless data service in the bankruptcy process; Terms of the prearranged restructuring deal.
- Motient Finds Cash To Keep Moving. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p12
Deals with the plan of Motient Corp. for keeping its operations running as it undergoes restructuring. Sources of funds for the company's operations; Significance of a cooperative effort between Motient and TMI Communications to ensure the funds for the company; Information on the MobileModem...
- Copperweld Emerges From Bankruptcy. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Jan2004, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p6
Announces the corporate reorganization of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Copperweld Corp. Four units of Copperweld; Emergence from bankruptcy.
- PROPEX PROJECTS BUSINESS AS USUAL AMID CHAPTER 11 RESTRUCTURING. // Concrete Products;Feb2008, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that synthetic fiber manufacturer Propex Inc. has filed for protection under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in January 2008 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Propex officials noted that the filing would help improve the company's balance sheet. The company plans to continue...
- Thailand's Corporate Restructuring Experience through Formal Bankruptcy Procedures. Vongvipanond, Pairoj; Wichitaksorn, Nuttanan // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p54
In spite of fairly recent legal experimentation, Thailand's corporate reorganization through formal bankruptcy procedures has facilitated and speeded up financial recovery for big and medium-sized insolvent firms, especially after 1999. The study found co-operative restructuring to be more...
- Turnaround firms socked by recovery. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;8/9/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p3
As recently as the spring of last year, the 40-strong loan workout team at J.P. Morgan Chase labored 80 hours a week performing financial triage on corporate borrowers hovering at the brink of bankruptcy. But for the roughly 1,000 New York-area bankruptcy attorneys, consultants and investment...