GiantBear Now Extinct
- InfoSpace buys GiantBear assets. // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the acquisition of GiantBear Inc. by InfoSpace Inc. Information on the business of GiantBear; Benefit gained by InfoSpace from the deal: News on the wireless Internet and wireless data sector as of January 14, 2002.
- Buying Assets Out of Bankruptcy: Procedural Hurdles to Bargain Bonanza. Brinkman, Daren R. // Business Credit;Oct98, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the advantages of purchasing assets out of bankruptcy, while highlighting the procedures involved in the sale of debtors' assets and the assignment of its contracts in bankruptcy proceedings. Analysis of the bankruptcy sale process; Role of the bankruptcy code in the proceedings;...
- FDIC Scraps Selling Superior Assets Whole. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;1/16/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 11, p6
Reports the decline to sell the superior assets of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) to a single buyer. Decision by FDIC to deal a subprime loan operation to Alliance Funding Company; Difficulties encountered by FDIC on the selling of the assets; Speculations on the purchase of...
- BUSINESS MATTERS. // Business Journal (Central New York);01/12/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p2
Reports developments concerning business enterprises in New York as of January 2001. Purchase of development rights by the Cortland County Industrial Development Agency; Acquisition of assets and distribution rights of Best Distributing Co. byu Eagle Beverage Co. Inc.; Resignation of C.D....
- Graham buying Shea's assets. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);11/8/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 23, pA1
Reports the buying of the assets of Shea Construction Inc. by Graham Group Ltd. in Canada. Establishment of the Shea Graham Construction Inc.; Expansion plans of Shea Graham; Operations and services offered by both companies.
- Site Of The Week. // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p24
Evaluates the Web site of GiantBear of White Plains, New York. Details on the company; Usefulness of the Web site; How the site elements are arranged.
- BearCup Takes First Steps. // Wireless Week;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p22
Announcement on the launch of the BearCub GiantBears proprietary short messaging service technology.
- FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/28/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p7
The article presents statistics related to people in the U.S. There is 67 percent of people who have investable assets of at least 425 million for five years. $400 billion dollars is the estimated buying power of Asian Americans. 73 percent of workers in the country claim that they would be...
- InsWeb, Intuit Complete Deal. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/29/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p3
Reports that InsWeb Corp. has completed the purchase of the assets of QuickenInsurance from Intuit Inc. in January 2001. Agreement of Intuit to make InsWeb the exclusive aggregator of consumer insurance services for Quicken.com.