Ericsson Will License Phone Technology
- Sprint Nextel to link to MySpace Mobile. // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p16
The article reports on a deal signed by Sprint Nextel Corp. with Fox Interactive Media that will give the carrier's subscribers free access to MySpace Mobile from its portal. It says that the Sprint Nextel will become the first carrier to allow users to link directly to the social-networking...
- Fair and Balanced Phone Service. J. M. H. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/25/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 17, p6
Reports on a deal signed by Sprint PCS to provide Fox News live over its cellphone television service in the U.S. in 2005.
- Sprint PCS to drop GSM in Washington. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p19
Reports on Sprint PCS' plan to stop operating its Global System for Mobile communications network in Washington, D.C. by the end of 1999. Sprint's purchase of the remaining shares of its partnership with American Personal Communications; Sprint's launch of its code division multiple access...
- Sprint PCS aims to give pictures more presence. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p1
Reports that Sprint PCS has added Sanyo Fisher Company's 8100 camera phone to its camera-phone line-up. Features of Sanyo Fisher Company's 8100 camera phone; Advantages of the Sanyo 8100 over other camera phones; Information on the company's plan to offer embedded camera phones.
- Sprint to expand distribution in Puerto Rico. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;5/16/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p2
Reports on the expansion plan of Sprint PCS in Puerto Rico in 2002. Establishment of express stores in the metropolitan area and kiosks throughout the island; Position of the company as the island's sixth cellular provider.
- Tower industry remains open for business. Winter, Allie // RCR Wireless News;7/28/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p15
The article focuses on the business deals in the mobile communication industry. It mentions that Sprint Nextel Corp. has announced the sale of 3,300 towers to TowerCo LLC for $670 million. The deal includes technology like Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA). The agreement will help Sprint...
- Handset sales off 10% in third quarter. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;11/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on the sales decrease of mobile communication systems in Western Europe for the third quarter of year 2001. Nokia; Motorola; Ericsson; Samsung; Siemens.
- Sprint and Samsung launch GPS enabled cell phone. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;10/18/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p41
Reports the launching of a global position satellite (GPS)-enabled wireless phone, the 'SPH-N300,' from Sprint PCS and Samsung in the West Indies. Design to support the enhanced-911 emergency service; Services to allow 911 personnel to pinpoint exact location of emergency; Inability of GPS...
- Sprint Nextel offers new Samsung CDMA phones. // RCR Wireless News;9/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p17
Presents information on two mobile phones from Samsung Co. Ltd. introduced by Sprint Nextel Corp. in the U.S. in 2005. Price of Samsung A560; Features of Samsung PM-A840.