Defense Department Concerns Could Ground UWB
- DoD aims to thwart UWB plans. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the plan of the United States Defense Department to block the efforts of high technology startups for government approval of ultrawideband (UWB) technology. Concerns expressed by the Pentagon on UWB signals; Decision of the Federal Communications Commission to delay the authorization...
- UWB Company Backs DOD. // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the statement given by XtremeSpectrum Inc. that it supports the U.S. Defense Department's position on the issue of UWB technology.
- Pentagon may be angry about UWB jurisdiction. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the reaction of the U.S. Defense Department on the ruling of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on ultra-wideband (UWB) jurisdiction. Plan of the Pentagon to send a strong worded letter to the FCC; Interpretation of the Pentagon on the jurisdiction; Efforts of Time Domain...
- Defense decries FCC proposal to allow ultra-wideband. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;12/3/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p2
Reports on the complaints of the United States (U.S.) Defense Department on the proposal of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to allow the deployment of ultra-wideband (UWB) technology. Letter sent by U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz to U.S. Commerce Secretary Donald L....
- Flexible Software-defined Test Instruments. Jue, Greg // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2006, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p16
The article presents an approach for providing computer software-defined test instruments to address emerging communication signal formats and aerospace/defense research and development applications. A design software can be used to define the signal source and measurement. The design software...
- An ultrawideband electromagnetic pulse transmitter initiated by a picosecond laser. Bessarab, A.; Garanin, S.; Martynenko, S.; Prudkoy, N.; Soldatov, A.; Terekhin, V.; Trutnev, Yu. // Doklady Physics;Dec2006, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p651
The article discusses a new technology in ultrawideband electromagnetic pulse (EMP) transmitter based on picosecond laser. The prototype developed at the Institute of Experimental Physics (Sarov) uses a short-pulsed laser radiation technology. The analysis of experimental data obtained from the...
- Ultra Wideband. Blankenhorn, Dana // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) approval of the ultra wideband (UWB) devices. Digital signal processing; Specific applications of UWB system approved by FCC; UWB interference to cellular phones, global positioning systems and satellite radio; Need for UWB standards.
- UWB--Another revolution killed? Mohney, Doug // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p72
Discusses the pros and cons of using ultra wideband (UWB) devices in the U.S. High-speed wireless networking; Interference of UWB devices with other electronic devices; Communication potentials of UWB-based radios.
- Ultrawideband wireless body-area sensor networks. Dmitriev, A.; Lasarev, V.; Gerasimov, M.; Ryzhov, A. // Journal of Communications Technology & Electronics;Dec2013, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p1113
The operation principles of wireless body-area networks (WBANs) and requirements to their infrastructure are described. The new IEEE 802.15.6 WBAN standard, in which an ultrawideband (UWB) signal is used as an information carrier, is discussed. The general properties of the given standard and...