Wheeler Pushes For 3G Spectrum
- With help of authentication, wireless fraud is on the decline. Wayne, Debra // RCR;10/06/97, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p14
Presents information on the Wireless Fraud '97 conference held in October, 1997, with reference to the president of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association, Tom Wheeler. Details on the amount of persons who attended the conference; What was discussed at the conference; Comparison of...
- The Activist. Meyers, Jason // Wireless Review;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p56
Features Tom Wheeler of the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association. Career background; Challenges faced by the wireless industry; Role of the industry in the economic development of a country.
- Wheeler and Aether. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the contributions of Aether System Inc. and Cellular Telecommunication Association (CTIA) president Tom Wheeler to telecommunication in Maryland. Impact on the wireless industry; Implication for the credibility of CTIA; Inquiries of conflict of interest in nonprofit trade.
- Wheeler: Times Require Path Of Patience. Purcell, Judith Lockwood // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p10
Discusses the outlook of CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler on the market and technology conditions in wireless telecommunication industry as of September 17, 2001. Data Speed on wireless networks; Lobbying campaign for spectrum for data services; Book written by Wheeler.
- Wheeler Presses For Spectrum Cap Repeal. Grebb, Michael // Wireless Week;10/1/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p10
Deals with the impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the proposed repeal of spectrum cap for the wireless industry in the United States (U.S.). Views of Tom Wheeler, president and chief executive officer of Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association, on the spectrum need of...
- CTIA: The Show Must Go On. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p1
Reports on CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler's decision to go on with CTIA Wireless I.T. & Internet 2001 show in San Diego, California on September 11, 2001 despite the disaster caused by terrorist attacks in the United States. Reason for the decision; Attendance at the...
- Industry Leader Prepares For Departure. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p12
Deals with the departure of Tom Wheeler as CEO of Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association at the end of October 2003. Accomplishments of Wheeler; Regulatory challenges encountered by Wheeler in reforming universal service.
- FCC Launches Task Force for Mobile Health. Eddy, Nathan // eWeek;3/10/2014, p5
The article reports on the announcement by U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler of the formation of a commission task force, Connect2HealthFCC, that will bring together the expertise of the agency on the intersection of broadband, advanced technology and health. Michele...
- Roundbox launches into wireless TV with broadcast solution. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;9/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p18
Reports on the plan of Roundbox on selling software to wireless carriers and handset makers that support broadcast technologies in the U.S. in 2005. Benefits of the software for telephone users; Applicability of the solution in in-bound and out-bound broadcast technologies; Views of Tom...