Chapter 7: Assessing Pedagogical Knowledge
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...
- Chapter 10: Making Decisions for Program Improvement. Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p538
Outlines the use of assessment evidence in making decisions to maintain or change the parts of the Physical Education Teacher Education program. Effectiveness in areas of student dispositions and pedagogical knowledge; Demonstration of positive aspects of professional and personal development;...
- Prospective PETE Students, PETE Student Teachers, and Clinical Model Teachers in a University Teacher Education Program. Graham, Kathy C.; Hohn, Richard C.; Werner, Peter H.; Woods, Amelia M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1993, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p161
The article presents a study that compares conceptions of teaching among individuals associated with a university physical education teacher education program. Students, student teachers, and teachers were observed to reveal that teaching conceptions among the students differed significantly...
- The Impact of a Critically Oriented Physical Education Teacher Education Course on Preservice Classroom Teachers. Curtner-Smith, Matthew D. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p35
Studies of the influence of conventional methods courses on preservice classroom teachers (PCTs) have provided mixed results. The purpose of the study described in this paper was to break new ground and examine the effects of a critically oriented 6-week methods course and a 9-week early field...
- ATTITUDES OF FUTURE PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHERS IN TURKEY TOWARD LESBIANS AND GAY MEN. SARAÇ, LEYLA // Psychological Reports;Dec2012, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p765
This study explored male and female physical education majors' (149 men, 97 women) attitudes toward lesbians and gays in Turkey. The short form of the Attitudes toward Lesbians and Gay Men Scale was used to assess attitudes toward lesbians and gay men in relation to the education majors' sex,...
- Professional Learning Experience of Pre-service PE Teachers during Teaching Practice. Chung Li // Journal of Physical Education & Recreation (10287418);2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
This paper is concerned with a qualitative study of how 15 pre-service PE teachers, who are taking the two-year full-time teacher training course, develop professionally in their second field experience. With the interpretive research paradigm as conceptual framework, data were collected through...