Chapter 5: Assessing Dispositions
- The Impact of a Field-Based Elementary Physical Education Methods Course on Preservice Classroom Teachers' Beliefs. Xiang, Ping; Lowy, Susan; McBride, Ron // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p145
The present study focused on preservice classroom teachers' beliefs about elementary physical education and the impact of a field-based elementary physical education methods course on their beliefs. Participants (N=97) completed questionnaires at the beginning and at the end of the course....
- EDITORS' NOTE. Solmon, Melinda; McBride, Ron // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p269
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on a variety of issues related to teaching physical education and another on the development of preservice teachers.
- Observation and Analysis of Skills of Student Teachers in Physical Education. McCallister, Sarah G.; Napper-Owen, Gloria // Physical Educator;Late Winter99, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p19
Discusses a study which identified the observations of student teachers and responses during physical instruction at the secondary level. Student response to instruction category; Function of teacher behaviors; Implications of the study.
- Chapter 7: Assessing Pedagogical Knowledge. Metzler, Michael W.; Tjeerdsman, Bonnie L.; Mozen, Diana M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p487
Examines the pedagogical knowledge of student teachers in accordance with the National Standards for Beginning Physical Education Teachers. Scope of the general pedagogical knowledge; Evidence of the pedagogical knowledge of students in class management and interaction with learners; Standards...
- Preservice Physical Education Teacher Attitudes Toward Fitness Tests and the Factors Influencing Their Attitudes. Xiaofen Deng Keating; Silverman, Stephen; Kulinna, Pamela Hodges // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p193
This study examined preservice teacher (PT) attitudes toward fitness tests in schools. A total of 613 PTs at 10 state universities took part in the study. Participants completed a previously validated instrument designed to measure the affective and cognitive components of attitude toward...
- Student teachers: Incidents that lead them to confirm or question their career choice. Jones, Rhys // Physical Educator;Early Winter92, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p205
Studies incidents that lead physical education student teachers to re-evaluate their career choice. Influence of teaching practice experience on student teachers; Call for the improvement of student teaching practices; Evaluation of student teaching.
- Systematic observation training for preservice physical education teachers. Behets, Daniel // Physical Educator;Spring93, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p87
Studies observation training for physical education student teachers in the United States. Observation systems used in the study; Observations of student teachers before and after an observation training period; Focus of attention of student teachers; Differences in observed behavior.
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- Chapter 6: Assessing Knowledge. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p476
Examines the knowledge areas in the Physical Education Teacher Education assessment program. Level of knowledge on physical education content and movement; Analysis of the written final exams from the introductory methods courses; Competency of the knowledge standard of student teachers with...