Chapter 1: Teacher Education Program Assessment and the GSU PETE Assessment Project
- NNS teacher trainees in Western-based TESOL programs. Carrier, Karen A. // ELT Journal: English Language Teaching Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p242
Many Western-based TESOL programs have not yet adequately recognized and addressed the different needs of non-native English-speaking (NNS) teacher trainees. Various authors have suggested that TESOL programs need to provide NNS teacher trainees with instruction and support in key areas such as...
- The short intensive teacher-training course. Macpherson, Sally // ELT Journal: English Language Teaching Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p297
Presents a response to an article about one-month teacher training courses. Length of the course; Selection process; Course content.
- A Call for Collaboration: Not Jack of All Trades. Patterson, Karenn B.; Syverud, Susan M.; Seabrooks-Blackmoore, Janice // Kappa Delta Pi Record;Fall2008, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p16
A description of the course "Introduction to Exceptionalities" being offered at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville is provided.
- TTC's Eight Summer Institute Courses = Continuous Learning for Teachers. Welch, Deborah // International Educator;Feb2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p11
The article outlines the Eight Summer Institute Courses that will be offered by the Teacher Training Center Institutes (TTC) in June 2010 in Miami, Florida, and in July 2010 in London, England, to help international teachers stay current on the issues most important in the field.
- Classroom evaluation ï¿½ values, interests and teacher development. Kiely, R. // Language Teaching Research;Sep2001, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p241
This paper describes the processes of curriculum and teacher development that follow an evaluation of a British University English for Academic Purposes programme. The evaluation is carried out by the teacher using a group discussion technique, as recommended by departmental policy for quality...
- 'Why Must I Learn This?' 'Because!' Lightfoot, Alfred // Education Week;4/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p36
Offers a letter to the editor in response to the article 'Why Must They Learn That?' by Marcus L. Herzberg in the March 27, 2002 issue of 'Education Week.' Criticisms of the 'feel good' approach to education; Thoughts about what is wrong in schools of education; Comment on E.D. Hirsch Jr.'s...
- FORMAL AND INFORMAL DIMENSIONS OF THE TEACHING ENVIRONMENT. // Education;Apr/May71, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p364
This essay explored a topic of recent research and experimentation in the area of behavioral-organizational theory which is relevant to contemporary teacher education programs. Teacher effectiveness, however it may be measured, is related to the formal and informal environment within which...
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Mar99, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p32
Features the American Master Teacher Program. Nature of the program; Focus of the courses; Contact person and address for inquiries about the program.
- Kurse + Fortbildungen. // Musik und Bildung;okt-dez2011, Issue 4, p9
The article offers information on various courses and workshops for music teachers including body percussion, samba rhythms, and confident teaching.