Chapter 6: Curriculum Effects in Seventh-Grade Pickleball
- Chapter 2: Toward a Consolidation of the Knowledge Base for Reform in Physical Education. Ward, Phillip; Doutis, Panayiotis // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1999, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p382
Presents a framework for interpreting education reforms in physical education (PE) in the U.S. List of motives underlying calls for reform; Scrutiny on the preparation programs of PE teachers; Assessment on the workplace conditions in PE.
- Chapter 3: Design of the Saber-Tooth Project. Ward, Phillip // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1999, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p403
Discusses the methods and the process used in the Saber-Tooth Project in the U.S. Relationship among the professional development, curriculum development and student involvement in the study; Overview of the design of the Saber-Tooth Project research; Assumptions of the Saber-Tooth Project.
- Chapter 5: Curriculum Effects in Eighth-Grade Lacrosse. Ward, Phillip; Barrett, Tim M.; Evans, Sharon A.; Doutis, Panayiotis; Nguyen, Phong T.; Johnson, Melissa K. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1999, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p428
Examines the differences in the teaching approach of different schools in the U.S. Comparison of a curriculum reform with a multi-activity curriculum; Suggestion for teachers to find ways for students to socialize without disrupting the instructional task system; Goals of the Saber-Tooth...
- Chapter 7: Lessons, Conclusions, and Implications of the Saber-Tooth Project. Ward, Phillip A.; Doutis, Panayiotis; Evans, Sharon A. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1999, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p455
Focuses on the mechanisms of the Saber-Tooth Project research in U.S. Efforts to improve the quality of education in physical education; Difference that distinguish a teacher effect study from a curriculum effects study; Conclusions on the effectiveness of the project research.
- 'Peaks of Excellence, Valleys of Despair': What is the Future of Physical Education? Sanders, Steve; McCrumb, Dawn // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p3
Presents a forecast on physical education. Preparation of teachers to help children become physically active; Existence of high quality, innovative programs; Areas for a positive change in the quality of physical education programs.
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to the Saber-Tooth Project. Ward, Phillip // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1999, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p379
Reports the use of the Saber-Tooth Curriculum in an effort to improve and change secondary physical education (PE) in the U.S. Failure of the profession to implement substantive reforms; Deterioration in the curriculum and in the quality of teaching in PE; Difference of the curriculum from...
- A School-University Collaborative Journey Toward Relevance and Meaning in an Urban High School Physical Education Program. O'Sullivan, Mary; Tannehill, Deborah; Knop, Nancy; Pope, Clive; Henninger, Mary // Quest (00336297);Aug99, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p225
Focuses on the school-university collaborative efforts toward school reform in urban areas. Improvement in the secondary physical education experiences of young people; Importance of investing in teacher development; Quality of local physical education program.
- Ofqual launches further consultaion on reformed qualificaions for 2017. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;11/11/2015, Issue 172, p6
The article reports that the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) has launched further consultation on the design and assessment objectives for new qualifications in the physical education subjects for schools and colleges starting September 2017.
- NEW SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION CURRICULUM IN SLOVAK SCHOOLS IN EUROPEAN CONTEXT. Antala, Branislav // Proceedings of the Faculty of Physical Education, University of ;Nov2010, Issue 2, p1
Paper will focused on the actual situation in school PE and Sport in Europe, drawing attention to some issues and problems and provides one example of developments in one of new European Union member countries, the Slovak Republic. It is divided into three sections: (1) Problems of PE in...