Chapter 1: An Introduction to the Saber-Tooth Project
- NEW SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION CURRICULUM IN SLOVAK SCHOOLS IN EUROPEAN CONTEXT. Antala, Branislav // Proceedings of the Faculty of Physical Education, University of ;Nov2010, Issue 2, p1
Paper will focused on the actual situation in school PE and Sport in Europe, drawing attention to some issues and problems and provides one example of developments in one of new European Union member countries, the Slovak Republic. It is divided into three sections: (1) Problems of PE in...
- EL CURRï¿½CULO DE EDUCACIï¿½N Fï¿½SICA EN LA PERSPECTIVA CULTURAL: FUNDAMENTOS Y PRï¿½CTICA PEDAGï¿½GICA. Neira, Marcos Garcia // Horizontes Educacionales;2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p49
With democratization of school, representatives of cultural groups, who had been excluded for so long, are now coming into the school. If in the past, knowledge, not questioned but endorsed by the curriculum, was the one recognized by the privileged groups, nowadays that knowledge faces the...
- The Place of Physical Education in the School Curriculum. Boswell, David M. // Physical & Health Education Journal;Spring2009, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p26
An excerpt from the article ï¿½The Place of Physical Education in the School Curriculum,ï¿½ which was originally published in the Volume 29, Number 3 issue of ï¿½CAPHER Journal,ï¿½ is presented.
- Curricula of Mutual Worth: Comparisons of Students' and Teachers' Curricular Goals. Cothran, Donetta J.; Ennis, Catherine D. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p307
Compares the physical education curriculum goals between students and teacher. Influence of educational values on the decision-making of teachers; Interaction between teacher and student values; Social aspects of physical education.
- The effect of physical education curriculum development on the instructional... Coulon, Stephen C.; Reif, Glenn // Physical Educator;Early Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p179
Examines the effect that curriculum development had on the instructional skills of classroom teachers teaching physical education. Steps in curriculum development; Instrumentation; Baseline data; Intervention.
- ATHLETICS VERSUS GYMNASTICS IN CLASSICAL ANTIQUITY. Thompson, James G. // Canadian Journal of History of Sport & Physical Education;Dec75, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p66
This article examines the similarities and differences between athletics and gymnastics during the fourth and fifth centuries B.C. This paper addresses the issue by examining the attitudes of certain ancient Greek philosophers. The author traces the origin of physical education curricula back to...
- How to Develop Comprehensive Aquatic Programs in Higher Education. Yarger, Leland // International Journal of Aquatic Research & Education;May2007, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p166
The author offers insights on how to develop comprehensive and successful aquatic programs in higher education in the U.S. According to him, an aquatic program should employ a qualified aquatic professional with a master's degree and who has extensive experience in the aquatic field. He suggests...
- The Extent of Carrying out the Physical Education Curriculum by Physical Education for the Basic Stage teachers According to World Measurement Criteria from the Perspective of School Principals in Jordan. D'oum, Hmed; Anannza, Jasser // Journal of Physical Education & Sport;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p55
The study aimed at investigating the extent of keeping up the physical education curriculum according to the world measurement criteria by the physical education teachers from the perspective of school principals of the basic stage in Jordan. This was maintained through a questionnaire that...
- Enacting the Spiritual Dimension in Physical Education. Lodewyk, Ken; Chunlei Lu; Kentel, Jeanne // Physical Educator;Early Winter 2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p170
Spirituality is a fundamental, everyday life process involving a joy of living, sacrifice and love for others, and a connection to self others, nature, and to a larger meaning or purpose. Distinct from moral or religious beliefs, spirituality engages interactively with the psyche, body, and...