The Effects of Crossgroup Feedback on Off-Task Behavior in a Physical Education Setting
- Children's perceptions of the effectiveness of classroom discipline techniques. Tulley, Michael; Chiu, Lian Hwang // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Sep98, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p189
Provides information on a study that examines children's perceptions of the effectiveness of classroom discipline techniques. Requirements for an effective classroom management; Analysis of the students' anecdotes; Methodology and results.
- Solutions to A Behavior Nightmares. Albert, Linda // Instructor-Primary;Aug97, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p58
Presents several student behavior-management strategies for teachers. Exercise of professional concern; Identification of behavioral profiles; Formulation of time limit on tasks. INSET: Label the Behavior, Not the Child..
- On the move: Using teacher/student proximity to improve student's behavior. Gunter, Philip L.; Shores, Richard E. // Teaching Exceptional Children;Fall95, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p12
Provides an empirical evidence of the positive effects on students' behavior and learning when teachers leave their desks and circulate about the room. Completion of a literature review and position paper regarding classroom management strategies for control of students' inappropriate behavior;...
- How do you get your students to ask good questions? // NEA Today;Sep2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p27
Offers tips on stimulating students to ask good questions during class discussions. Characteristics of questions that teachers should ask to encourage discussion; Technique in helping students to ask questions; Books recommended for teachers.
- How do you deal with a class that has spun out of control? // NEA Today;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p25
Presents tips for teachers on classroom management. Student activities suggested; How to deal with misbehaving students.
- A midyear takeover: How to survive. Proctor Jr., William // Teaching Pre K-8;Feb97, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p60
Provides tips for teachers who take over a new classroom in the middle of the schoolyear. Being flexible; Remembering that all new teachers become nervous; Classroom management as the most important part of teaching for all educators; Preparation for paperwork; Testing of students individually...
- Class Clowns. // NEA Today;Fall2014, p22
The article presents answers to a question on how teachers can deal with class clowns.
- All Together Now! Rose, Mary C. // Instructor;Aug2000, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p22
Cites ways on how to create a positive classroom community from the first day of school. Activities which promote acquaintance and cooperation between teachers and students; Student participation in organizational planning.
- A Qualitative Analysis of Task Structures in Required Secondary Physical Education Classes. Tousignant, Marielte; Siedentop, Daryl // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Fall1983, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p47
The article presents a study which describes task organization and student behavior in physical education classes in secondary schools. Patterns of student attitudes and behaviors in class activities included accurate, modified, or inaccurate participation, or avoidance of the activity. The...