Value Orientations of Physical Education Preservice and Inservice Teachers
- The socialization strategies of first-year physical... Williams, Jacqueline A.; Williamson, Kay M. // Physical Educator;Spring98, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p78
Presents a study that examined the socialization strategies utilized by physical education teachers to succeed in their first year of teaching. Methodology of the study; Data collection; Obstacles encountered by teachers; Findings of the study.
- Beat Burnout! Woods, Amelia Mays; Weasmer, Jerie R. // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Mar98, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p10
Presents strategies on professional stimulation for physical education teachers. Isolation and marginalization of physical educators; Relevance of networking; Variation of motivation levels.
- The inclusion of blind children in physical education classes: Difficulties and opportunities. Alves, Maria Luíza Tanure; Duarte, Edison // Acta Scientiarum: Human & Social Sciences;Jul-Dez2005, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p231
Inclusion has the purpose of building a society capable of promoting the socialization and social participation of all citizens. Blindness brings a relevant loss of information for the visually impaired. This loss, reduces the opportunities that blind people may have to interact with the...
- Investigating the Impact of Teacher Socialization on a Physical Education Teacher Candidate during the Student Teaching Process. Hushman, Glenn // Teacher Education Quarterly;Fall2013, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p81
The article discusses the study that determined how teacher socialization influences a Physical Education (PE) teacher candidate during the student teaching process. Topics discussed include recruitment, professional socialization, and occupational socialization as the three phases of...
- Old Story with a New Twist: Applying Decision Theory to Advance Understanding of the Negative Socialization Cycle of Physical Education Teachers. Wyant, James D.; Wyant, Kristi N. // Kinesiology Review;2016, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p189
In recent years, the physical education (PE) profession has been forced to confront a plethora of issues, from the demise of teacher education programs to the loss of programming in the K-12 context. Calls for change and a time of introspection have been prompted by this climate. The impetus for...
- Professional Learning Experience of Pre-service PE Teachers during Teaching Practice. Chung Li // Journal of Physical Education & Recreation (10287418);2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
This paper is concerned with a qualitative study of how 15 pre-service PE teachers, who are taking the two-year full-time teacher training course, develop professionally in their second field experience. With the interpretive research paradigm as conceptual framework, data were collected through...
- Teacher Values: Political and Social Justice Orientations of Physical Educators. Duquin, Mary E.; Bredemeier, Brenda Jo; Oglesby, Carol; Greendorfer, Susan L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Winter1984, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p9
This article discusses the political and social justice orientations of physical educators. As part of a study, several physical education majors and professionals from public schools, colleges and universities in California, Illinois and Pennsylvania responded to a questionnaire designed to...
- Physical Education Teacher Education and the Trend to Proletarianization: A Case Study. Macdonald, Doune; Tinning, Richard // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1995, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p98
Drawing on evidence from an Australian physical education teacher education (PETE) program, this paper argues that the preparation of physical education teachers implicates PETE in the trend to proletarianize teachers' work at the same time that national claims for increased professionalization...
- Sage Old Advice From an Old Sage: BE CIVIL. Werner, Peter // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Mar98, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on attitudes and values relevant to professional motivation for teachers. Importance of optimism; Relevance in broadening interests and hobbies; Functions of social networks in teaching career.