The Socialization of Singaporean Physical Educators
- Value Orientations of Physical Education Preservice and Inservice Teachers. Behets, Daniel // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p144
Examines the value profiles of physical education preservice and inservice teachers in Flanders, Belgium. Consideration of teaching experience and type of teaching degree; Focus of the orientation on the social responsibility of teachers; Discussion on the process of enculturation and social...
- An analysis of physical education avoidance. Scantling, Ed; Strand, Brad // Physical Educator;Early Winter95, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p197
Discusses results from a study on physical education by secondary school students. Reasons particular students preferred not to take physical education; Factors influencing students dislike of physical education; Concerns of students; Challenges faced by Nebraska, Utah and Idaho.
- Advocacy Begins With You! Kun, Paula Keyes // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p32
Presents tips in promoting good advocacy in physical education program in the U.S. Maintenance of knowledge, skills and attitudes; Plans of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education; Support for Physical Education for Progress Act.
- Social support in the athletic trianing room: Athletes' expectations of staff and student athletic.. Barefield, Scott; McCallister, Sarah // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Oct-Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p333
Presents a study of social security in athletic training , questioning what athletes expect of staff and student athletic trainers. Purpose of the study; Methodology used in the study; How many persons were used in the study; Results of the study; Conclusions reached.
- The inclusion of blind children in physical education classes: Difficulties and opportunities. Alves, Maria Luíza Tanure; Duarte, Edison // Acta Scientiarum: Human & Social Sciences;Jul-Dez2005, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p231
Inclusion has the purpose of building a society capable of promoting the socialization and social participation of all citizens. Blindness brings a relevant loss of information for the visually impaired. This loss, reduces the opportunities that blind people may have to interact with the...
- INTRODUCTION. // Philosophical Perspectives on Power & Domination;1997, p57
An introduction to the book "Philosophical Perspectives on Power and Domination" is presented in which the editors discuss the articles "Physical Education for Domination and Emancipation: A Foucauldian Analysis of Aerobics and Hatha Yoga," "Eschatological Ethics and Positive Peace: Westem...
- The Socialization of Teachers in Physical Education: Review and Recommendations for Future Works. Richards, K. Andrew R.; Templin, Thomas J.; Graber, Kim // Kinesiology Review;May2014, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p113
Occupational socialization theory describes the acculturation, professional preparation, and organizational socialization of physical education teachers and addresses factors that contribute to their decisions and behaviors. Utilizing occupational socialization theory as a grounding framework,...
- Perceptions and Practices of Adapted Physical Educators on the Teaching of Social Skills. Samalot-Rivera, Amaury; Porretta, David L. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p172
The purpose of this study was to determine adapted physical educators' perceptions and practices about teaching social skills to students with disabilities. A questionnaire based on Bandura's social learning theory concept of modeling was developed and mailed to an entire frame of 426 adapted...
- Reproducing Gender? Intergenerational Links and the Male PE Teacher as a Cultural Conduit in Teaching Physical Education. Brown, David; Evans, John // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p48
Drawing on illustrations from a recent life history study that focused on male student teachers as they negotiated their way through a 1-year postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE) physical education teacher training course at a university in England, this paper explores how teachers are...